The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2006, 03:30 PM   #26
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Re: What did you get done?

I rewired the stereo in the truck. Still need to fabricate a mounting bracket for it like someone on here did. but I got lazy after cleaning my truck, the T/A and my g/f's Formula. I also scraped off the window stickers that were on the truck. I still havent given it a total clean up. The windshield cracked from top to bottom on it the other day when it got a frost in the morning and then was 70 later in the day lol. So ...new windshield here i come. Figures..I just had the eyebrow put on like 4 days before that!! haha.

Been researching...think I am gonna try to do some of my own custom kick panels with fiberglass. Shouldnt be too awful..looks kinda fun..I enjoy that kind of stuff.

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #27
SSC's76
No No

Saturady A friend and I went to the shop and installed this bad boy, 10K lift. Still need to wire it up but the hard part is done. Sunday I spent washing the truck and spent a few mintues to put in a new motion sensor portch light for the house.
Attached Images

Gen VI 454, Muncie HD 3 speed With Modified OE Hurst Shifter, 3.73 12 bolt, GMPP HO roller cam, Hooker headers, Performer intake with modified Q-jet, Accel distributor. Best 1/4 12.3 @108. Funnest run 19.84 @88 full 1/4 mile burn out.
1997 K1500 ext cab 5.7 stock except muffler
SSC's76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #28
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73
Sweet! Have any pics you want to share?
I have been taking pics all along. The computer problems I mentioned have prevented me from doing much with them. I have been using my Mac since the Windows machine went down, and I don't know much about working with digital images and using FTP from it. I really don't know squat about the Mac, I just bought an old one so that I would know a little about them. I started with no knowledge about Macs, and still have most of it left.

Don't expect pretty stuff like your truck. I'm not into chrome, and I don't like billet. I'm cleaning and painting as I go, but this one is a daily driver. When the photos are up, they will be available in the photo gallery in my signature.

Slonaker

EDIT: A couple of pics...

The old engine right after it came out.

The new engine almost ready to put in.

The engine is in now, and I'm just hooking everything back up.

Last edited by Slonaker; 01-30-2006 at 04:11 PM.
Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #29
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

90 Burb: I broke down and purchased a new battery for the Suburban since I got tired of jumping it off all the time. It was throwing codes for the EGR and O2 sensor so I need to drive it some to see if they will come back on. I replaced what I suspect is a leaky EGR vacuum hose on it. I also cleaned up under the hood a little bit

87 R10: It also had the same codes on it as the Burb and I ran through the stardard tests again and it DID have a small crack in the EGR vacuum hose, so I replaced it hoping to fix its problem. So far so good. I also replaced the broken headlight on it.

'78 Jimmy: Put a good Battery in it and cranked it up. I also made a priority list for it so I can get it running driving ASAP. I need the room in the Garage that it is taking up so I got a little motivated on it. I am currently getting a list of the weatherstripping that I need for the top so it can part outside.

I also made a checklist for all the trucks I have and I am trying to set a time for each and check them off as I go. Hopefully I will start seeing some progress.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:51 PM   #30
bigblock73
yeller

Slonaker, the new engine looks great...much better than the old.

FWIW, I am not into chrome or billit all that much either. My VC's are powdercoated black, as is my air cleaner. I am running black powdercoated Alan Grove brackets, stock painted black GM pullys, and a silver colored engine block/heads. The only shiny stuff in the engine compartment will be my AN fittings and VC breathers. I like detailed engine bays, not chromed out engine bays.

Good luck with the PC dillemas, and keep the pics coming (here or on your site).
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:23 PM   #31
bagged81
Signals in the bumper.

I got the rest of the body off the frame, and got the front cut and tacked for the Z. Now I need to cut 1.5" off the bottom of the frame and make a larger rear notch to level it all up. After that I just need to put it all back together, lol.
1936 Ford Pickup - Frame-off in progress link
1979 Chevrolet Camper Special Flatbed link
bagged81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:26 PM   #32
Nolowrider

Attempted to put my new factory tach cluster in, but it didn't work out as well as I would have liked it to.
Nolowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:27 PM   #33
82c10
needin' money

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
I rewired the stereo in the truck. Still need to fabricate a mounting bracket for it like someone on here did. but I got lazy after cleaning my truck, the T/A and my g/f's Formula. I also scraped off the window stickers that were on the truck. I still havent given it a total clean up. The windshield cracked from top to bottom on it the other day when it got a frost in the morning and then was 70 later in the day lol. So ...new windshield here i come. Figures..I just had the eyebrow put on like 4 days before that!! haha.

Been researching...think I am gonna try to do some of my own custom kick panels with fiberglass. Shouldnt be too awful..looks kinda fun..I enjoy that kind of stuff.
that kind of weather in oklahoma ?
Old 01-30-2006, 10:27 PM   #34
82c10
needin' money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonaker
I have been taking pics all along. The computer problems I mentioned have prevented me from doing much with them. I have been using my Mac since the Windows machine went down, and I don't know much about working with digital images and using FTP from it. I really don't know squat about the Mac, I just bought an old one so that I would know a little about them. I started with no knowledge about Macs, and still have most of it left.

Don't expect pretty stuff like your truck. I'm not into chrome, and I don't like billet. I'm cleaning and painting as I go, but this one is a daily driver. When the photos are up, they will be available in the photo gallery in my signature.

Slonaker

EDIT: A couple of pics...

what'd you do with the old one
Old 01-30-2006, 11:38 PM   #35
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff. I need to find a powder coater around here and see what the stuff costs. I seem to go through a lot of spray cans, and the stuff does not hold up as well as I would like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82c10
what'd you do with the old one
A good friend of mine wants it. We have been friends for about 25 years, and helps me out a lot, so I offered it to him for free.

Slonaker
Old 01-31-2006, 08:05 AM   #36
Wicked Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
Daaang stranger, where have you been? That's a cool pinewood car. Did you see the post by Zumo in the general discussion forum about them?
I work too many 80 hour weeks. Plus we have a 3 month old daughter. It doesnt leave much time for playin on the 'puter or working on my truck for that matter. Most of the time I just scan through and dont have time to post. I will get back to my truck soon hopefully. I think my s-10 is gonna get reworked first so I can have a daily driver. BTW, nice progress on the engine, its gonna look awesome.
67 F100 352/3 speed
72 Nova 307- 30,000 original miles
Wicked Sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:39 AM   #37
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Mike I can understand life keeps you busy. Having a little one around will certainly require a lot of attention. Besides you can alwys find us here, but you only get to see that baby grow up once.

Keep us posted if you get back on your truck(s). Yeah, I am hoping mine will be ready soon...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:59 AM   #38
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspecialZ
Little more engine work and body stuff, got the taylor wire kit on, painted my front support, what a chore that was, started on my doors ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonaker
...EDIT: A couple of pics...

Looking good, A..Z & Slonaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush
Saturday was spent mounting the TBI, drilling the firewall for the harness, running the harness, mounted the "brain" and started wiring the various sensors...
Sorry...no pics yet...gotta clean up the "spaghetti" wire mess I have going on under the hood right now first...
Sweet. Good to hear it's back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
Oh yeah. One more thing I "finally" started on my motor story. Just like my truck, the story is still under construction- 77 Cheyenne meets Ramjet 350 by N2TRUX
Good write-up. Very interesting. Sounds and looks like top-notch work.
I almost expected a smooth firewall with a Vintage Air setup.
Anyway, thanks for sharing.

BTW, too bad you can't cruise with the hood off once everything gets buttoned up. I'd hate to see all that attention to detail covered up, not to mention the Ramjet.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...

Last edited by boxrodz; 02-04-2006 at 03:00 AM.
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote