The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2006, 03:09 AM   #1
usarmyoif3

teardown underway

well i am getting there i guess on my 71 stepside the front clip is off, engine and trans ready to come out cept mounts, inside stripped cept pedels steering column and gauge cluster and tank, bed almost..lol i worked on it today bolts are a pain to get out got dark before i could finish. i have ordered a 5 1/2'' front drop 5'' rear drop with drop spindles c notch, shocks and relocators front and rear sway bars and track bar. got to get a front end rebuild kit was going to get it all from advance but changed my mine just got through ordering nolimit's polished alumium dash cluster with autometer gauges 160 mph speedo, 10,000rpm tac, fuel water, amp, oil pres for a whopping 655 buck ouch....lol and i got the billet specialties chicayne steering wheel with black leather half ring for like 340 bucks ouch..lol these parts was just stuff i really wanted so i went ahead and got them before i blew all my money and never could afford them..lol i also got the patch panel for the fuel cap hole in the cab kinda disapointed in it i though it was suppose to be curved for the cap but its just flat if i would have know that i would have just made it. i will try to get some pics of before i took it apart if i can find them and some pics of what it looks like now. this is my first time ever trying to do anything like this im going to try to do everything my self from the teardown all the way to the frame and all the way up to interior and bodywork and paint including shaving fuel neck, antena, stake pockets. and kinda learn as i go so wish me luck. im going to need it.
usarmyoif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:10 AM   #2
usarmyoif3

Re: teardown underway

here is the dash cluster i like it what do you all think about it and do any of you have this on your trucks.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:11 AM   #3
usarmyoif3

guess it would help if i load the pic...lol
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2006, 07:14 AM   #4
sixty8c10
MY EX DRIVES A BROOM

sounds like you are making some decent progress...keep it up