The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2002, 06:16 PM   #26
Blue_71
Bloo

i was about to ask about just having my truck added to there insurance, and paying them, sinse my dad can have it added to his policy for $30 a month
1971 Chevy Custom/10 (first truck) 350, NV3500 5 speed
1971 Chevy K20 Custom Camper 4x4 350 TBI, SM465/NP205
1974 Chevy Custom Deluxe/10
1979 Chevy Custom Deluxe K10 farm truck beater
1989 Chevy K2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson, Cause I'm a country boy
35s whinin on the asphalt, grabbin mud, throwin up some red dirt
R.I.P. Michael Stilts... I will always love and miss you brother! (9-12-80, murdered 4-9-05)
Blue_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 01:54 PM   #27
540 Stroker

Quote:
Originally posted by jku72
All those people who say to new drivers that insurance rates will drop are lying. I never had an accident ever, never got a speeding ticket, and was still paying 700 a year in liability insurance on a 70 chevy pickup. I got married, and you know what? My insurance rates on my truck didnt move. My home insurance went up.
Hate to toss some ice on your rant, but you're misinformed or just a bad insurance shopper. It's standard practice for insurance companies to give you lower rates with multiple policies, marriage, turning age 25, clean driving record, good credit(some now use credit checks to determine rates) etc. I've had State Farm and they offered the above discounts. I currently have AllState and they're doing it as well. What are they doing for me? Marriage discount, age of 25 and older discount, discounts for multiple vehicle policies, and a discount for having our home owners insurance through AllState. The only discount we're not getting is their Premier Plus discount because I've had a accident a couple of years ago and that negates it for my wife and I. Before you pop off and call people liars, it would be best if you at least called some insurance companies to see what they offer. Just my $.02.

Last edited by 540 Stroker; 10-05-2002 at 03:45 AM.
540 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 02:03 PM   #28
540 Stroker

Quote:
Originally posted by chevy2racr
not so sure on the three years, although thats how its supposed to go. my bro had a 83 Z/28, got one speeding and once wreckless driving, they were like a year apart, 2 months before 3 years on the second ticket American Family called our local agent and told her she should drop him because of his Two tickets. she's good to us though and she argued wiht the head guys at Am. Fam. and they didn't drop, but the first ticket shouldn't have been known by them if they drop them after 3...
Let me rephrase myself. They "look" back 5 years, but hold the past 3 years against you. Each insurance company can do as it pleases with their findings I imagine, but typically they use the past 3 years to determine your risk. I've never had a ticket or accident older than 3 years held against me.
Old 10-05-2002, 02:47 AM   #29
jiggs
poker face

Guys, I hate to jump in on your thread, but you need to move to where I live. 9 years ago when I was 16 the insurance for my truck was $220/ year. In my name. That was for full coverage with a $500 deductible. Because of inflation its now around $370.

In this province rates don't increase because of age or record. A person who is 60 pays the same as a new driver. No matter what their record is like.

There are no options for insurance either, no shopping around. I just go to the motor licence issuer and get my insurance. Every place has the same rates. Its all threw the provincial government. There are no private insurance companies.

If I get into an accident and its my fault, $100 on my licence. It doesn't affect the insurance on the truck. So I would pay the extra $100 for one year and then back to normal. Gotta love this place.