The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
Gibbelstein

Pic or info. on 3speed column linkage

I am gathering the necessary stuff to swap the 250 for a 327, and I came upon a problem. I have a 3speed column shift tranny, and the shifter linkage (pivot point?) mounts to the block. I would imagine the one for the v8 would be different. Has anyone done this that can tell me what they had to do, or can anyone post a pic of theirs so that I can see what the deal is.

I would appreciate it.

Chris
Gibbelstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #2
krue
Designated A-hole!

Re: Pic or info. on 3speed column linkage

Depending on whether you mount the v-8 on v-8 stands or use your I-6 stands. The v-8 should have two bosses on the block, the ball will either screw into one of them or you'll need a plate that has a ball on it that bolts to the two bosses (putting the ball between them). Maybe someone can post a pic.

DISCLAIMER (It's been ~20 yrs since I last did this, so I could be WAYYY off base).

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I had no threads in the boss on my second engine in the 67.I didn't have time to fart around looking for one so I used a piece of plate steel and built one that would line up.Then mounted the ball to it.It bolted to the bosses on the engine that did not line up.Worked for 4 or so years til I quit driving it.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
71chevytruckguy

if u moved the motor & tranny mounts foward and got sbc mounts, ull need to got the the junkyard. get the following from a sbc 3-spd truck, column to trans linkage rods and all the linkage from the clutch pedal to the clutch relase fork on the bell hosuing, the z-bar, and the brakect that the z-bar bolts to that's riveted to the frame. bolt all the stuff to your truck and you should be good to go. if you ain't moved the motor, i can't help you. chris.

71 c-10 lwb, in the middle of frame off restoration.

69 c-10 swb, drag truck, 406 sbc, balanced, comp 292 cam, ported, polished, gasket matched, and bowl blended pro comp 210cc heads, 2.02/1.60 ferrea valves,1.6 roller rockers, re curved hei with msd 6al box, 2-step rev limter, accel 300+ wires, ported victor jr intake, holley 750 double pumper carb, dynomax 1 5/8 headers, 4 spd munci m-20 with super case and iron midplate, mr. gasket vertigate shifter, 5.38 pro gears with full spool, 33 spline moser axles and c-clip elimators, line-loc, 5 gal fuel cell, holley blue pump.
7.807 @ 88.37mph 1.60 60FT

80 g-20 van, tow rig, cammed 305, th350, 10 bolt

88 jeep wrangler, dd, 258, ax-15 swap, 4.5" lift, 33x12.50's, lockers, 3.55's
71chevytruckguy is offline   Reply With Quote