The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
1BadSS
NOT REALLY BANNED!

Hooray Allstate!

Just scored full coverage on all of my cars (see sig), for $176/mo with full coverage on all of them and only a $250 deductible.

Looks like the 69 is going to get tagged this friday and finally be out on the road.
68 C20 LWB stripper truck
73 K5 Cheyenne
76 C20 Sierra Crew SRW
88 K20 Suburban

I'm not hammering on metal just to hammer, i'm creating a piece of art.
1BadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:09 PM   #2
basketcase

Re: Hooray Allstate!

And I just took my 2 Corvettes and the '69 step side from Allstate to Haggerty. I still have the daily drivers there though.
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

I have had them for 11 years now and have no complaints, they even
wrote a couple of policies for the rides in my siggy, $18 a year each
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
1BadSS
NOT REALLY BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
And I just took my 2 Corvettes and the '69 step side from Allstate to Haggerty. I still have the daily drivers there though.

I would've gone to hagerty, but i'm too young. The good thing is, i'm basically paying $26/mo for two pickups. Considering with American Family the insurance on the sunturd was $150/mo.
68 C20 LWB stripper truck
73 K5 Cheyenne
76 C20 Sierra Crew SRW
88 K20 Suburban

I'm not hammering on metal just to hammer, i'm creating a piece of art.
1BadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:46 PM   #5
basketcase

Overall I can't complain about them either. I have been on Allstate for autos and home since 1978 and was a claims adjuster for them for several years in the late 70s and early 80s. Every repairable claim I've had has been handled very well and to my satisfaction. The only complaint there is that I don't feel they pursue the other party aggressively enough when it isn't your fault. They are right there to get your vehicle fixed and then you pay your deductible thinking that you will get it reimbursed when they collect from the other company. I have never been reimbursed on any claim I ever filed over the years when it was the other party's fault. They always say that they couldn't collect, even when the other person was driving a company truck and furnished insurance info to my wife when they lost lumber and almost totaled our new '97 Bravada. Thank god it didn't go through the windshield. It's a deal where it isn't worth the expense to them and you end up paying for it. I suppose most big companies operate this way.

The last claim, and the reason I took the collector cars to Haggerty and also the reason we have been afraid to drive the Corvettes for 3 years, was when my son totaled his '95 Blazer on icy roads 3 years ago. This Blazer was about a 95% vehicle with very little needed to be perfect. My wife works at the Chevy dealer and we supplied a computer printout showing that we had spent literaly thousands on this truck since we bought it 1 1/2 year earlier. This included new engine and about everything else you could think that could need replaced. Plus we had all of the paint work done it needed and it was way above average. The adjuster said that any repairs over 60 days old don't add to value. I asked him if he though a new paint job or new engine was only good for 60 days.

I compiled a list of 71 '95 Blazers that were currently available and the average ranged from $5300. - $6500, same as the book price, at that time. Anything down in the $4000 range needed a lot of help $$ spent on them. The so called total loss adjuster Offered $3800. and stuck to it like glue. He told me that they didn't use the value guides and that they had a market research company establish value on totaled vehicles. That would be a company that is paid by them to come up with values that they like by the way. If they didn't they wouldn't be working for Allstate very long, would they? After I called everybody I knew at Allstate and fought for 3 months we ended up taking $4200 out of which came the deductible. We were in a position where my son had to have another car to go to college and we couldn't use the dealer loaner any longer.

From that time forward we were scared to take our Corvettes out of the garage and didn't until I finally switched to Haggerty last month. This is the first time in years I have felt safe driving the Vette.

Sorry for venting but all it took was one bad apple adjuster to totally destroy over 25 years of trust in Alltate. The lesson learned is don't trust them to do the right thing the next time and have my vehicle towed to my house where they can't touch it until the loss is settled. I could have rebuilt it or parted it and recovered some of my loss.

The purpose of insurance it to restore the insured to the place where he was before the loss: no better, no worse. In this they failed miserably.

Tom
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #6
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I just got allstate for the 67. Only place I called that would allow me to DRIVE my damn truck. I'm paying them $600/year. I tried to do a combo deal with my Z71 but they wanted $1,600 for that and I already have my Z71 with Geico for $800/year, so I stayed with Geico (they would not insure the '67 past liability) for my "newer" truck. I have collision, comp. uninsured, underinsured and liability on the 67 with Allstate for an "agree upon" value of 7K for the truck.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 11-15-2006 at 04:07 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote