The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
1987 Shortwide

I just can't leave "good enough" alone...

The cab of my truck is at the body shop right now, sitting, not being touched, for a couple months now. This doesn't particularly bother me, as I'm a busy busy person and it's more or less free storage. It has however, given me enough time to change my mind, yet again.

Therefore, today I got the quote, just waiting to reserve a spot for it, and it'll be back in the chassis shop. I don't want to get it all done, then build a motor that is more than the truck will handle safely. The only thing slowing me down there is money, but I plan on 1000+ at the wheels in the future, and I like safety.

With that said, the 8-pt. cage will now be updated to a full cage, through the dash and out to the front frame rails through the firewall. I'll also probably have them put motor plates in it, as well as setting up a mount that attaches to the front pass. cage bar that will hold the turbo in place. Out back for a finishing touch I think I'll have them put the parachute mount on, so that they can have the bracketry for the handle welded up to the cage in the cab before I paint it all.

If all goes well, it'll get it's spot in there under the knife in early april, so I'll keep you guys posted. In the weeks leading up to that point the whole truck will go back to one piece "dry fit" so that it's all in one piece for the cage work. I want to work around the stock inner fenders and all of that stuff, so it's all gotta be in place before it goes in.

Not that it matters all that much, and I know, it's worthless without pics, but I thought I'd clue ya all in and let you know that I haven't given up on it... yet. LOL
My 87 buildup
Daily Driver: 99 Sierra SLE 4X4. Black on Black and harder than hell to keep clean.
1987 Shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:52 AM   #2
84 400
Sb 400 club

Re: I just can't leave "good enough" alone...

glad to hear that 1000+ coming out of that monster is the goal. good luck
1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote