The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
72gmcshorty

Canadian members with airbags...

I need some help from western canadian members with airbags on their trucks. Where did you buy your setup from and what kind of prices did you pay? I'm trying not to order from the states so any good deals up here?
Old 02-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
cooters

Re: Canadian members with airbags...

check with Mcgyvers street rods in Edmonton, i know there is a member with a burb who should be able to help.
cooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:11 AM   #3
68fleetsidec20

I have a PacBrake set up on my truck, they are new into the game, but have some quality pieces plus they are out of Surrey and will even do the install for you if you like. I'm just running a basic set up with schrader valves and their billet spacer blocks so I can go from stock height to the bumpstops but no notching. They have everything you need, compressors, valves, tanks, gauges etc. However they don't have the larger bags for the front yet, but they are working on them, and I'm sure they could help you get some air ride or air lift bags to use. If you are interest let me know what you want and I'll see if I can get some prices.
68fleetsidec20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
72LoBurb
Yup, I'm comp-useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooters View Post
check with Mcgyvers street rods in Edmonton, i know there is a member with a burb who should be able to help.
Actually, it is a Blazer and his screen name is "grnddwn", he works there and should be more than able to help you out. If you try to call MacGyver's, ask for Rob.
72LoBurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:41 AM   #5
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

I am a member from Montana, just sixty miles from the border. I have bought several motorcycles in Alberta [back when the exchange made it worthwhile], so I am wondering if you guys can buy the parts down here, and just take them back home. I doubt there are rules on "truck parts" crossing the border, as long as its not a truckload.

I think of this because there is big new restoration / customization shop [not just a hole in the wall operation] opening up just a few doors done from my office. This shop is a real oddity for Kalispell, Montana for sure. Its a guy who moved his business here from SoCal. Anyway, when he opens I can check his prices on air ride stuff. I am familiar with the parts, currently putting an ART RideProE in my truck. They should be finished with their new sizable shop / showroom building in the next few months. Haven't checked if they have a website; but the business is called Hardcore Customs.

Update: looked for a website, but HardcoreCustoms.com is a chopper site, not the shop I am referring to.

Last edited by BigSky71; 02-13-2007 at 02:44 AM.
BigSky71 is offline   Reply With Quote