The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-02-2002, 05:58 PM   #1
cali_surfer

early xmas this year

Over the Thanksgiving weekend I went up and visit my bestfriend up in Reno, NV and couldn't resist stopping at Summit. Oh man, I've been there before, but everytime I go in there I'm in awe of all the speed parts *drool drool* I dropped some cash and walked out the door with an MSD 6A ignition, MSD coil and cap adapter for the HEI I have, a pro street fuel cell, all the line and fittings to get it plumbed, and some little misc. parts. I was kind of curious where you guys who have MSD's have them mounted.... pics would be great. I'm thinking either on one of the inner fenders or on the firewall. Also, with the fuel cell...... where's a good place to buy a filler door I could put on my wood bed? I know there are marine type places that sell stuff like that. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
Old 12-02-2002, 06:32 PM   #2
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Which fuel cell did you get? A Summit 16-gallon? If so, pop off the fuel cap and look inside at the fuel sender float. The sender in mine is the wrong one. The float only extends half way down, not all the way to the bottom of the tank. So when the tank is half full, the gauge reads empty. "Lost Wages" has the same tank I do and he checked his out.... sure enough.... same problem. I called Summit last week and toldl them about the problem. They told me to send the sender back and they'd send me the correct one. It must have been a production error. If you have this same tank, let me know if yours is also wrong.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:41 PM   #3
NSANE68!!!
SLICER AND DICIER

You guys got me worried ,now I gotta go home and check mine. I got the 16 gal from summit, about 2 yrs ago. Been sittin in my closet. Think they will still replace
Here's a pic of my MSD box. No longer red but painted green to match. I also have the BOOST retard with switch on dash to retard timing on demand.
I just made a nice little tray for them to sit on and screwed to fender. I have since moved them to firewall, but I don't have a pic of that.
Attached Images

95 Honda 900RR
05 GMC Siearra (company truck)
NSANE68!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 06:44 PM   #4
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

I bought mine March of last year. The dude said it'd be no problem to exchange the sender since it was a manufaturer screw up.
Old 12-02-2002, 10:43 PM   #5
cali_surfer

Well the sender in mine goes all the way to the bottom. I got the 16 gallon with foam.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:01 AM   #6
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Man! I should have gotten the foam!! Oh well, hopefully they can send me the correct one.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:10 AM   #7
cali_surfer

One of the tech guys sold me on the foam. I was concerned about the foam taking up the capacity.... especially since the tank is only 16 gal, but he said that the foam only takes up a tenth or two of a gallon...... thats such a small price to pay for getting rid of fuel slosh.