The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2002, 05:28 PM   #26
Big69C20 Toy
Livin' it up.

so sorry to hear/see that man but good youre alright. like everyone said so far DOCUMENT IT ALL!! and there are many injuries that are incurred that dont show up till a while later cuz of how they set in. take it easy man
Big69C20 Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 08:23 PM   #27
dashadow

fast_dev

Glad you are alright. Don't forget to get the names and phone numbers of potential witnesses either. I know this may sound a little paranoid but you have to look out for yourself because no one else is going to. Trust me when I say DO NOT wait on your lawyer to gather any evidence. Help him(or her)out all you can by gathering all you can from every source possible. It may sound unecessary now but you will be glad you did it later. I hope it will not be necessary but at least you will be prepared if it is necessary.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:27 PM   #28
71GMC_3/4T
Weapons Of Construction

Wow! Glad you aren't pushing up daisies now!
I agree with getting some regular film type pics, even if it is with a disposable camera.
Also, complain about any little pain, etc, to your doc NOW. If he records it, you will have some backup if you decide to sue later. You never know what damage was done until later. I'm not a fan of frivolous lawsuits, but I'm also not a fan of people getting hurt bad and not being able to do anything about it. In fact, I hope you don't need to sue anyone - that would mean you are fine.
Old 12-07-2002, 12:07 AM   #29
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Unhappy

glad you weren't hurt worse, that looks terrible. vehicles are replaceable, people aren't. thank GOD it wasn't as bad as it looks.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 01:13 AM   #30
fast_dev

thanks everyone for all the kind words, i can see already this is going to be a big hassle, insurance calling me 5 times a day, at least i did stand there at the scene and make sure the other two involved admitted their faults. i am much more sore today than i was yesterday and i hope the headache goes away soon, i've had it since the accident. i have no interest in a lawsuit if it is not needed im not like that at all, but at the same time i don't want to end up in pain and nobody will make good for it. at least it was only my winter beater/offroad beater, if it would have been my 68,70, my 67 nova or the 94 s-10 i just got with a crate 350 i would have taken serious thought into clubbing her with an ice scraper!!! lol once again thanks everyone, you guys are alright! DEV.
70 c-10 swb 402, muncie 4 speed
94 s-10 350/th350 3:73 posi
71 c-20 402/th400 towrig for racetruck.
72 4wd lifted on 35's
72 350/3 speed winter beater
fast_dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 11:04 PM   #31
Bowed

I read your last post on your head pain and had to answer with this reply . Like I mentioned to you in my first reply to your post I too was in a simiular accident and after 3 years I am still having headaches all the time from basicly neck problems and The other insurance while admitting their insured was fully to fault is still giving me and my lawyer the hardest time possible on the injury portion of my claim , So listen to the other fellas and get every thing in doctors reports and start going to the doctor has much has you need to go for relief of your head pain , because insurance companies think " no doctor no problem " . Also keep notes on every thing and how you felt on certain dates ( another words a personal diary on the accident ) because if you have to go to court with them ( the insurance ) it will be 2 or 3 years down the line and you will be suprised how much you will forget and how the insurance lawers will use your memory against you. Even when you are a completely fault less victim they still try to maximize their profits which means they will try not to pay you any dollars they can get away with , so DO NOT trust them to be fair . To give you an example I was stopped at a red traffic light when I was hit from behind by a speeding truck . The late model caddy I was driving was totaled and the other insurance bought it for book value and they gave me no arguements on that part of the claim but for the injury portion $4400.00 in medical bills and therapy costs plus reasonable pain and suffering the insurance is offering me $1600. for pain and suffering and want ME TO PAY HALF of my own medicel bills because they are using the defence that I did not need all those treatments even though I still have the head pain all the time to some degree . The insurance knows I have to prove that I have the head pain which can be hard to do so they are using that against me . " HAVE YOU GOT THE IDEA " . My next step is trial and I am not looking forward to that at all . No matter how it turns out I am going to lose in the long run . So If you think you might have some lasting problems which can be normal in an accident like that , please , protect yourself completely . Good luck , hope every thing turns out alright for you .
Bowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 12:41 PM   #32
72 Super

Sorry to hear,but glad you're ok.