The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Vents for A/C

Been some time since I psted on here. My time has been spent on work,kids and golfcarts. I just got the money to do some upgrading on the old truck so it will be ready for my son next may when he turns 15. I got the A/C going again and have a ? for you all.
The passenger side vent that is suppose to be operated by your vacume is not on the truck I took them off. I also had broke the flapper up in the cowl area that lets fresh air in and cuts off when A/C is on. My question is would it make the air colder if I block that opening off to keep from having hot air coming in even knowing the vent in the cab is closed?
#2 I herd someone mention a bigger fan motor to help with air circulation. What else will fit in the opening?
A/C air is 40 degree's but you have to leave it on high all the time.
New compressor,acumalator,condensor, hoses running 134-A.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.

Last edited by Andy4639; 06-06-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
centsless
sufficiently talented fool

Re: Vents for A/C

#1 Yes, closing the opening will make the A/C colder. That will make it so the A/C is cooling cool air, not hot air.
#2 I do not know of another blower motor to fit the truck. Hopefully someone else will chime in on that one.
1981 Corvette
1966 Impala Convertible
Click here to support the board
centsless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
lbpd719
Zappaphile!

I know that if you check around there are shops that will rebuild your blower motor, and possibly be able to give it a little more juice. Might want to check your resistor/switch as well just to make sure they are working properly.

I might get with you on the AC project though if you don't mind. I am getting ready to redo mine sometime this summer.

Regards,

Old 06-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
GMC Jim

GM used 2 different motors with their heater and air conditioning systems... The heater only system used a blower; specs are:-13.5 volts; 8.25 amps max; RPM 2550-2950 max. The blower used with heater/air conditioning system; specs are:-12 volts; 16.5 amps max; 3700 RPM minimum. The air cond systems used a relay which controls the blower high speed selectiom. This relay is located inside the firewall; near the top right rear of the glove box. If this relay is not operating, there be no high blower speed. This can be checked by jumping a wire from the postive battery terminal to the blower wire which should be accessible near the blower on the engine side of the firewall. If the speed ( and output) imcreases as compared to the high blower switch position on the air cond. control in the cab; then the relay is not operating. Check for proper grouinding of the relay as this is a fairly common cause for malfunction
Old 06-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #5
GMC Jim

The 2 blower motors described in above message will interchange with no problem.......... Jim
Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 PM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Thanks for the info. I will check the blower with the jumper soon. I pretty sure I have the A/C blower and I know I have the relay, but haven't checked it for operation though.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote