The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #26
BigMike

Re: Vent the heat!!

I guess I am fortunate and unfortunate at the same time...Fortunately I never had any money so I learned to do all of the work myself. Unfortunately I never had any money so I learned to do all of the work myself.

I have always gotten a kick out of driving down the road and watching peoples reactions to my ride...Kind of a pride thing, knowing I did all the work. I have had a couple experiences with projects that I have built only to hear that the new owner is bragging about what "HE" has done when all he did was write a check.

If you built it yourself, COOL, you have the knowledge and ability to do so...BRAG! If you did not do it yourself, COOL, give kudos to those who had the knowledge and ability and who deserve it, don't brag about something you did not do.

Mike
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #27
High Speed low Drag

If it wern't for the people who are able to write a check to get it done, I'd be out of a job.

Sounds like petty jelousy over the fact he can pay to have it done.

Taking credit for building it. That's another story.
High Speed low Drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #28
prg machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Speed low Drag View Post
If it wern't for the people who are able to write a check to get it done, I'd be out of a job.

Sounds like petty jelousy over the fact he can pay to have it done.

Taking credit for building it. That's another story.
Absolutely no Jealousy involved. I think you are possibly missing the point of the matter. The Joke is actualy on this braggin fool, since he is the JOKE. To be jealous would be thinking "Boy I sure wish I had it like him!"
Nothin to be jealous of with this shmo!!!
prg machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #29
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I know a guy who has built at least a dozen show winning rides.All the work was done in his little 1 1/2 car shop.He's chopped tops,suicided doors,z'ed frames,done C-notches and molded in all kinds of body panels.When I was 14-15 I held parts on a few of those while he tacked stuff together.Sat and BSed with him and drank his beer so he would have company til the wee hours of the morning.
Unfortunately(I guess) Aitch hasn't trophy one.He's never driven a finished ride.He made a bare living doing it all his life.I once asked him why he sold them and let someone else take credit when all they did was paint interior and detail work.
His reply,"I build cars/trucks because I enjoy it.I feel great satisfaction when some thing I've done has the right proportions and stance.I like seeing the look on the face of someone looking for a cool ride when they like what I'm driving.I don't even mind when someone else takes credit for the ride I built when all they did was have it painted and add chrome.I know what I did and that is all that really matters to me,I don't need trophies,I don't want to spend my time cleaning a show car when I can be building something cool.Some of my friends see what I've built and hear people(the new owner) bragging about building the car.They've come to me and told me.Why should I care what they claim,I already got my satisfaction and the money to build another out of it."

He also once told me that building cars was his hobby not showing tham.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 07-10-2007 at 08:30 PM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote