The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #1
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Re: How to insure all my tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
wugunguy is right on ... any decent insurance agent can sell you a "rider" to cover damn near anything above and beyond what the base policy doesn't cover
just seen this, you both are correct. i am with a great insurance company, i am allways in thier hand lol. anyway when we baught this house. my insurance company came out because i told her i had some added questions ,that could not be asked on the phone or in an office, so she gladly stopped by, i showed her misc things that could not be listed as normal house hold items, 27 guitars,dad guns i inherited, lots of dads tools from the 40s and so on and some antique things that the( normal household) may not own or even have a desire to. SHE did all the foot work for me, SHE took photos of everything and items that did not have serial numbers ,she made them up and i engraved them. As she was telling me its the insurance companys responceabilty to do this, which i agree. She was at our house for the better part of 4 hours taking detailed photos and making shure everything was accounted for, although we did fix dinner for her, there was no added charge for doing this, this is just apart of her job. and an insurance company that wont do this, isnt following protocall. i added 80,000 to my IN HOME CONTENTS .And another 35,000 to both garages combined<minus vehicles>. it only cost be another 250 bucks or so a year and is an added security if any disaster would happen, also the same insurance company offers a storage policy on the wifes 49 and PROJECT here we go again, the storage policy is basically the same coverage as full coverage, although it does not include anything on a public highway or street..so if it catches on fire outside the garage it will be coevered.... i would ask your agent every question, you can they work for you. and in my experiance, are eager to help you get protection......now ive never filled a claim to see really how well im taken care of, but i have everything in writing so i feel pretty good about it.......hope this may help.................tony

Last edited by bad6772; 09-30-2007 at 09:23 AM.
bad6772 is offline   Reply With Quote