The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-22-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
jimmydiesel

Questions for the pros

I have some questions hopefully you guys that have done it before can answer. I have a 67 C10 Custom with the 292 and a 3 speed overdrive. I need to replace the turn signal switch. I went to carquest for a new one and the guy brought out the switch with a bunch of long wires on it and an adapter and wanted $85. Do I have to change all that for the switch? It seems like it would be a heck of a lot of trouble. Also the windshield washer pump didnt work so I got one from LMC and hooked it up. Now it pumps the whole time the wipers are on. The wiring is hooked up right. Is there anything else to check or do you think I got a bad part from LMC?
jimmydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: Questions for the pros

I think you may get a better deal from one of the BB vendors,but usually you need to replace the parts he showed you.It is a pain but just one of those things where you take your time and do it step by step.There should be a good write up on this repair if you do a search in the FAQ's section.I would try to explain it but it's been too long since I did it.This post will take it to the top so maybe someone with more knowledge of the windshield washer pump will answer.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #3
WorkinLonghorn

I replaced the turn switch in my '69 (non-tilt) and it was around $20."Year One" has them for $26.
The washer switch should be checked.
Note: The turn switch I got has no play and is very annoying. If you signal a turn and make even a microscopic movement of the wheel in the other direction,it cancels and you have to reset it,sometimes a few times. So I'd check to see if the canceling mechanism has a bit of play like the original ones did.
Also ,you can buy just the cam in the turn switch if that's all that's broken ($4.00 at "Truck Shop") There are other parts available and whole kits for these.
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.

Last edited by WorkinLonghorn; 11-22-2007 at 08:55 PM.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:55 PM   #4
dan42

My '67 is the same way - no play. Very annoying. Low on the list right now (the list is very long) but I will address it eventually.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #5
DREAMS OF A 67
Step Brother

The washers should only work when the wiper switch is pushed in,my guess would be you need a new wiper switch.
DREAMS OF A 67 is offline   Reply With Quote