The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-14-2003, 01:33 AM   #1
Nick

What I've been Up to >>BAgged69cheVY<<

Hey Fellaz,
It’s been a long time since my last visit to the old message board. In case you guys don’t remember me.. Its cool. To refresh anyone’s memory, I have a 69 cst-10. My father and I have done all the bodywork, bagged it, and put a nice little set of 17's on. Well.. Most recently, I decided to take on the HUGE task of totally dismantling the truck. I’ve taken everything off the frame and set it outside my garage. The Cab needs a little more work, we’ve decided to shave the drip rails, and smooth out the rest of the minor bodylines, like the door pillar seams and various others. We’ve also decided to completely CHOP off the rear half of the frame and replace it with 2x6 and 2x4 square tubing. I’ve recently finished welding the rear frame pieces together and started grinding them, when my thumb had an unfortunate encounter with the 4” grinder. Well, to make a story short, six stitches later, I was back and running on this little project. Also to take the front of the truck down to more Respectable levels, we are going to section the front cross member, about 1 ½ inches. I’m kind of worried about the alignment of the steering box afterwards, but I’m sure I’ll figure it out. Also we are planning on completely shaving the dash which includes: Custom Fiberglass dash and center counsel, A center set Dakota digital instrument panel and air gauges, and a clarion flip out DVD player. Well.. I’ve Got WHOLE LOT to do still but I will keep in touch guys. If you guys want to know a little more in depth of any plans I have, let me know.. I’d be glad to elaborate more. Wish me luck.

>>Bagged69cheVY<< Nick George
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:00 AM   #2
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Hey Nick,

Welcome back!!!!!

You've got your hands full,have fun and enjoy.

RON
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:16 AM   #3
67cst
i love summertime

you have a budget on this truck or just givin' er?

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:37 AM   #4
Nick

Budget

Actually My budget is what I make. I currently Have around $17000 in it which includes A Gen II Vintage air system, Specialty power window kit, On piece window kit, Complete disk brake conversion, A Freshly Rebuilt 89 350 and 700r4, 3/8 8 valve custom fast bag setup (which is going to be junked for NEW 1/2 inch valves and Slam Specialties Super Bags), and MUch MUCh more that I cant think of at this time. I plan on completing the frame and new bag setup, and get the cab back on with its new an improved body work and most of the interior in place (including about $1000 dollars worth of guages from Dakota Digital) for about $6000. Hopefully I'll make enough this next summer to get the money to finish the rest of my project. I plan on having over $35000 in it when Im finished. AND NO Im not a Momy or DadY's boy. I've payed every DIme that is in my truck and Im darn proud of it. I bet most people my age cant say that. (im only 20 by the way) Oh yeah.. and Im also Paying my Own way through college, so Dont think Im simply working and throwing every dime I have in my truck, I do have to save some money for a rainy day

>>BAgged69cheVY<< Nick George

Last edited by Nick; 01-14-2003 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:34 AM   #5
Chevy_68

kool, im 15 and mom and dad havent put any money in my ride either. but i give u props i dont have to pay for college.
Chevy_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:36 AM   #6
Nick

more of the same

Hey thats cool man.. Keep up the good work. It takes a lot of time and money to make a show quality truck, or even an nice daily driver. Its cool when your parents want to help out a bit, but when u dont take any hand outs and do everything yourself, it feels Darn good. And when you finish your project and know that you've put all of your blood sweet and tears in your truck, You'll be proud.
Its going to be quite some time before Im done, but when Im finished... Watch out I'll post some pics of what Im doing pretty soon so some of u guys can get an Idea of how FULL My hands are... till then.. Peace

>>BAgged69cheVY<< Nick George
Old 01-15-2003, 09:35 AM   #7
72MARIO

That cool that we all put are own hard earned money into these trucks I have Closer to 6000 Can in my truck and its only the frame and some body pannels. Oh and I am only 18 so withe the rest of you guys
1990 V2500 Suburban "Plow Truck"
2005 TAHOE DD
72MARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 02:52 PM   #8
nate68

do you already have a hella bad ass job or what?
Old 01-15-2003, 10:47 PM   #9
Nick

Hey man,
well right now Im working in the Book Store at my college for minimum wage, but during the summer I work for the USDA as a fruit inspector. That makes about $10 dollars an hour. And Last summer I worked right around 100 hours per week;7 in the morning to midnight. Yeah that sucked really bad, but I Banked a WHOLE latta money. Anyways, Im going to do that same job this next summer so I plan to make right around the same (some where around $10,000 net)

>>BAgged69cheVY<< NIck George