The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
andys70c10

disc/drum mc& booster on my 70

Ok another ? I pulled a power brake setup off a 71 or 72 C10, of course I am going to buy a new power booster, but for only $10 more I can get the whole booster & mc assy. from laps. My ? is will the later model mc & booster work with my all drum setup as I am not ready to upgrade to front discs yet? I have searched this & could not really find an answer. The part #s are diff. is the reason why I am asking. Of course I could just convince the guy it came off a '70 model & he probably wouldn't know the diff.
andys70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:20 AM   #2
chris71

Re: disc/drum mc& booster on my 70

the mc you get needs to mach your application. you should not get a disc/drum mc if you have all drum. disc brakes require a different amount of fluid pressure to operate than do drum brakes. you can put a booster behind your existing mc, to have power drum, this will help, since the pb is an assist, it will help your leg, not your stopping distance. remember you will need the bracket that holds the booster to the firewall, i think other guys here have gotten new style mc/booster to work, but i am not positive. if you buy a new booster, buy a 4x4 booster, i think they are a dual diaphram, for the same price.
'71 C10 long-bed fleetside
'83 long-haired brunette wife
chris71 is offline   Reply With Quote