The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
ohsocountry86

very crappy

so i call and got comprehensive insurance on my truck and i no some places dont offer that so all that means is parking insurance since im not driving it right now it just covers if it got vandalized or stole anyways so i called about 12 yesterday afternoon that night by truck got hit by 2 different cars my neighbor backed straight out of there spot and hit the back and scrathed taiilgate and pushed pumper down and into truck putting dents in cab corners my other neighbor saw them do it and the people who hit came and told me excepted fault and are paying for it .... ok also someone pulled into the parking spot next to me and scratched the whole side of my truck leaving some of there paint behind and denting upper molding like 4 times and cracking tailight lens cover these people hit and ran me ... but wait off in the distance in another spot i see a tahoe with a wrecked alittle bumper and my color paint i measured hight and everything lines up perfect so i go to there door what do they say ... no english they wouldnt even come out and look dang it they new so i call the police they talk to me go over there come back to me and say we got nothing out of them and will come back tomorrow with a translator well they leave i go outside to take pics and the mexican guy had already painted white over it and buffed it out by the time i got out there this sucks what r the odds 2 wrecks one night while parked 10 hourse after getting insurance not that it matters they have to pay.. will u keep u updated on rest sorry for such a long post..

TRICKNRACYCARS.ORG
ohsocountry86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
rod86
great southern land

Re: very crappy

man that really sux, hope they come through and pay up. some people are just stupid...
rod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

Probably won't get any thing from them. You're best bet was to have taken pictures as soon as you saw it.

You can try, but unless you personally saw them and/or have witnesses nothing the cops can do. And if you take them to court, your time and money may not be worth it.

Similar thing happened to my nephew on a car he had just bought.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

The cops already saw the paint on the Tahoe,right?The interpreter will have to ask why they decided to paint that spot so quick.You`ll get to hear what BS sounds like in spanish.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
68 short step

holy run-on sentence, batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsocountry86 View Post
so i call and got comprehensive insurance on my truck and i no some places dont offer that so all that means is parking insurance since im not driving it right now it just covers if it got vandalized or stole anyways so i called about 12 yesterday afternoon that night by truck got hit by 2 different cars my neighbor backed straight out of there spot and hit the back and scrathed taiilgate and pushed pumper down and into truck putting dents in cab corners my other neighbor saw them do it and the people who hit came and told me excepted fault and are paying for it .... ok also someone pulled into the parking spot next to me and scratched the whole side of my truck leaving some of there paint behind and denting upper molding like 4 times and cracking tailight lens cover these people hit and ran me ... but wait off in the distance in another spot i see a tahoe with a wrecked alittle bumper and my color paint i measured hight and everything lines up perfect so i go to there door what do they say ... no english they wouldnt even come out and look dang it they new so i call the police they talk to me go over there come back to me and say we got nothing out of them and will come back tomorrow with a translator well they leave i go outside to take pics and the mexican guy had already painted white over it and buffed it out by the time i got out there this sucks what r the odds 2 wrecks one night while parked 10 hourse after getting insurance not that it matters they have to pay.. will u keep u updated on rest sorry for such a long post..
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #6
ohsocountry86

ya i know i was just so frustrated i couldnt think.

TRICKNRACYCARS.ORG
ohsocountry86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #7
BurnoutNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You`ll get to hear what BS sounds like in spanish.

yeah that sucks for sure
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #8
72swb_327stroker_?
knuckle buster..

yeah thats sucks baaaawwwwwals! damn! well.... on the upside, bs in spanish is hilarious!

THIS SITE ROCKS!!!

Check out my suburban on 20's with fresh paint!
Click here to support the site
Check out the Member Photo Gallery here
StreetCruizin
FAQ thread
Site vendors list (scroll down to vendors in red)
join the the smilies fight club
72swb_327stroker_? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #9
Psycho71

Stuff like that just ticks me off. At least the first offender is willing to make it right. I commend them for being stand-up people.

The second group though, that would have had me furious. Did you get their plate numbers? If I felt positive they hit my truck, I wouldn't let it rest. Yeah, you might never get anything out of it. But there is a principle here. And too many people let these things go just because there's no financial viability. And the more that happens, the more it will happen in the future. People need to learn that they should be responsible for their actions. Wether they're from here or not, especially if they're not from here, IMO.

But you'll do what's right for you, and that's what matters. I guess that's why they call them accidents. Things like this rarely happen on purpose.

Jay

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote