The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2008, 04:46 AM   #18
bkemdano33

Flowtech Headers

Billydonn,
I think you are correct. The modification to the Z-bar was definitely required for my 3 on the tree V8. The lug that pushes the clutch fork rod hits the #7 header tube. I saw an earlier post on this forum from the past where a guy said that it fit fine but I sure don't see how.
I have a png file explaining the required modifications if you want me to send it to you. (evidently, it would not upload to this forum)

Salizar44,
I spent about a hundred bucks on the Flowtec's but decided to wrap them with heat shielding header tape. It took 2 rolls at 50 bucks per roll. I should have gotten the ceramic coated version but have to say the tape looks very cool on it. I looked at the pics of your truck. As you can see, mine is probably it's 1 yr newer twin sister that you started with (ugly porta potty green). I recently decided that I will repaint it flat black and chrome the front out.....so I found it odd when I saw your pics. Yours looks sweet.
One more oddity. The cat that I bought mine from here in Austin was named Lewis Salizar.

Keep Rollin Brothers,
Dano
bkemdano33@yahoo.com
bkemdano33 is offline   Reply With Quote