The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
justcuz

Re: 65 C60

Wish I could find one like that! I have a three speed auxilliary transmission in my garage just waiting for one of these. Under, direct and over box. That matched up with the 2 speed rear end would really give you some gear combos! 4spd main x 3 spd auxilliary x 2spd rear end=24 different gears!
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #2
factorystock

A nice clean original! The front end photos really shows great attention to detail from the factory.The contrast of the white grill and chevrolet letters floating in a black background with white surround trim and red bowtie looks great. So much is lost when other trucks are given a cheap paint job and all that front end detail is covered over.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
justcuz

^ I agree! I paid special attention to that area in my 61 and 63. When they were repainted I told them not to paint the core support. When I got them home I did the core support in semi gloss black and then the white surround.
Repainted the grille white and hand painted the Chevrolet letters gloss black.
Made the front end really jump out at you. Little attention to the details really make a big difference. If the grain truck was mine I would get some polished headed bumper bolts and paint the end of the frame horns black and find some period correct tow hooks and put on the front. The rest of it looks like it would do with a good rub out and wax job.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
joe231

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
^ I agree! I paid special attention to that area in my 61 and 63. When they were repainted I told them not to paint the core support. When I got them home I did the core support in semi gloss black and then the white surround.
Repainted the grille white and hand painted the Chevrolet letters gloss black.
Made the front end really jump out at you. Little attention to the details really make a big difference. If the grain truck was mine I would get some polished headed bumper bolts and paint the end of the frame horns black and find some period correct tow hooks and put on the front. The rest of it looks like it would do with a good rub out and wax job.
i believe you are referring to the grille support seen here LINKY

not the core (radiator) support seen here LINKY

sorry, i can be a stickler for terminology
don't take it personally
Old 08-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
Dinos63
chevy only

Oh man that is a sweet truck, and reading this thread a got some good info on the 292, I have one thats in my 66 truck and you guys answer some good question for me. I didn't think about the oil but remembered something having to do with detergent oil or non detergent oil and not having leaded gas anymore i am sure some here has the answer, is 10/40 going to be the best for my 292 ? not trying to jack the thread..... that is a killer truck
Old 08-10-2008, 11:43 PM   #6
justcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
i believe you are referring to the grille support seen here LINKY

not the core (radiator) support seen here LINKY

sorry, i can be a stickler for terminology
don't take it personally
You are right Joe, gille support it is!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #7
factorystock

[QUOTE=justcuz;2841438]Wish I could find one like that! I have a three speed auxilliary transmission in my garage just waiting for one of these. Under, direct and over box. That matched up with the 2 speed rear end would really give you some gear combos! 4spd main x 3 spd auxilliary x 2spd rear end=24 different gears![/QUOT Your wish came true. Check out ebay # 300248285946 (sorry can't link) This truck is also incredibly clean, but has a 327.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #8
justcuz

[quote=factorystock;2846263]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
Wish I could find one like that! I have a three speed auxilliary transmission in my garage just waiting for one of these. Under, direct and over box. That matched up with the 2 speed rear end would really give you some gear combos! 4spd main x 3 spd auxilliary x 2spd rear end=24 different gears![/QUOT Your wish came true. Check out ebay # 300248285946 (sorry can't link) This truck is also incredibly clean, but has a 327.
Yea, but it is in Tenn and I am in Cal? Cross country trip? HaHa. Not much of a demand for these big boys judging from the price. This is nationwide bidding!
The small journal 327 practically garantees that this is a forged crank engine.
Nice original truck though. Also the thermostat housing bypass hoses make me laugh. The size of the hoses almost negate the thermostat completely!
I would love to own this truck though.