The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
liljimsrodragz

Are these Air Bag valves ok?

Hey saw these air ride valves on ebay. The guy thats selling them is the same guy I just bought my 2600 lb bags from. Do they look any good? LIke I have said before, I am trying to see how cheap I can put together an air ride system. Nothing fancy, just functional!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=380087346256

Last edited by liljimsrodragz; 12-05-2008 at 11:49 AM.
liljimsrodragz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
Shane
Account Suspended

Re: Are these Air Bag valves ok?

Cheap is pretty cool until it leaves you on the side of the road. Even worse, it causes someone ELSE a trip to the hospital because that "cheap as I could possibly find" budget valve failed while driving down a public road causing a wreck.

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but suspension and brake systems is NO place for cheap import parts.

They're cheap for a reason. And I don't just mean price.

First quality SMC and Parker/ASCO valves are not that much more expensive once you consider the headache's that cheap parts WILL eventually cost you.

Check with one of our many suspension vendors. I'm betting you'll be surprised at how well they'll take care of you.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Last edited by Shane; 12-05-2008 at 02:16 PM. Reason: edited the inappropriate content out
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
Twisted Minis

I don't care for those valves. Suspension components are one of those things I feel it is not okay to be cheap with, because everything rides on it. I would possibly question the integrity of the bags as well if they are from him, because those are AIM valves.

I run nothing but ASCO valves in the shop. They are around $32 each, which I realize is twice the cost. But IMO it's worth it, because you will never be stranded on the side of the road, or frustrated with your air system. ASCO has been making valves for over 100 years.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
Kontrol Phreaks

I would pass on them as well unless you have a great AAA plan.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
edflores

Quote:
III. No pissing matches. Its fine to disagree, but once a thread has run its course, and degenerated into little more than an insult fest, it will be locked. While this will require a judgment call by the Administrators & Moderators. The members of this site can keep our moderating to a minimum by exercising a little discretion and self- control. Excessive profanity will lead to a 24 hour suspension at the Administrations discretion.

IV. Pure trolling, either to upset someone or simply for your personal enjoyment, is strictly prohibited. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay. Immediate BAN and you will be reported to your ISP.
This is your 2nd warning in as many days for breaking forum rules.

Last edited by Shane; 12-05-2008 at 02:39 PM.
edflores is offline   Reply With Quote