The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 01:43 PM   #26
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

Smile Maybe Cover Junkies debt and let him pay you back!

If that guy that owes the part or the money was my friend and I could vouch for him I would personally send the guy a refund out of my own pocket to salvage my friends name. I have done this once before for a friend. I knew he was good for the cash and we he got back in town he thanked me and paid me then contacted the guy and apologized. Happy ending!. That was how I handled it, maybe some of you guys that are sticking up for him could do the same till it's straightened out. It's just a thought. I have read both sides but who knows.........
Old 03-01-2003, 02:05 PM   #27
68 Suburban

Quote:
Originally posted by HEAVY CHEVY
Since you cannot read what Junkyardjohn said about Don is on his way home then I'll do my best to get in contact with his wife.
I know that when I'm having a good time with my truck I lose track of all time til MHC says something.So Junkie did the same as me.You ask how I know this.
BECAUSE we talk all the time,about what we are doing to our trucks and life in general SO for me to believe that he is doing this intentally is out of the question.
So I will give you an answer hopefully Saturday and give a progress on his way back home.
I think Brently has been very patient. Im sure Don is not trying to rip someone off, but Bently has every right to be upset. He has handled himself extremely well. If I was sitting waiting for a part I need to get my truck started for 5 weeks, while someone is "having fun with their turck and having a good time", I would be pissed. He was also promised a couple of weeks ago that the "wiring harness was going to be in the mail with in 24 hours" I don't think it is fair at all make it seem like Brently is whining (I assume this is when I see the at the end of your post)
Old 03-01-2003, 02:18 PM   #28
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Well I just talked to a family member of his , and they are getting in touch with him now. He is suppose to call me back asap. I will refer him back here to let everyone know what is going on.
Old 03-01-2003, 02:50 PM   #29
gmc383

well what happened

Did Brently get his part? I see a lot of folks vouching for junkie, but I am curious as to how they would feel about this kind of wait for a part that they wanted. I recently had dealings with someone on the board who took over a month to send my parts even though I pay pal'ed him immediately. I recieved my parts, but I to was getting no answers to me emails. It makes a guy antsy when the communication is not good. Hope you got your part Brently. just me 2 cents
Old 03-01-2003, 05:18 PM   #30
GMC Jim

superchevy says it all....no excuse for 5 weeks delay..........
Old 03-01-2003, 05:50 PM   #31
cdowns

Well, i'm glad someone else said it first all i've been havin from this board trying to sell a few parts at what i think is reasonable prices is DEADBEATS
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
Old 03-01-2003, 09:50 PM   #32
nu2-72

I have tried to stay away from this but here is my .02.
First, if anyone of us had a vehicle at a dealership and were waiting for 5 weeks. Well you tell me.
Brently has been very patient as I see it. I read the thread and it said an error was made on the difference of 71 and 72. Fine, we all make them. Then said one would be found in NV and shipped. Then said his wife shipped and sent money. Simply appears like an ABC mini-series. Not being able to meet everyone on the board personally, appearances here mean a great deal.
I will say this. I also had a difference in understanding with both JunkyardJohn and 67-72junkie while junkie was in NV. After some brief discussion with both of them, everything was resolved quickly and to my complete satisfaction. I hold nothing against either of them and would do business again with either of them.
From what I have seen, they both have good reputations on this board and this appears to be a rare thing for junkie. I am sure it will be resolved at some time. I hope soon. Wish I could help.
I will also say this. While this is mainly my hobby and I am the one on the board, my wife is aware of all my transactions, both buying and selling. I keep a log of names and addresses and dates and prices. Should anything happen to me, she will take care of the people I owe. The rest will get a freebie.
2006 Duramax Crew cab 4x4
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
2011 Harley Street Glide
Old 03-01-2003, 10:27 PM   #33
ol skool 68
turnin wrenches

well it sounds like an unfortunate mistake or mishap on his part. i have been through worse......it seems as though junkie is an upstanding guy from what i know of him. i have only purchased parts off the baord from one person so far. Tim Christian sold me some parts for my cab, and not only did he contact me by phone and keep me updated, his prices were great and his customer service was even better. i have however been burned before on other deals, luckily not from this board. so i do feel your pain brently, and i hope this works out for you. i know how the itch to get your truck running feels and it is always the little things that cause the hang ups. good luck! and to those who thought he was trying to put down junkie or make him look bad, i don't think that was his intent, i think he is just frustrated and i can understand why!

D.M.C. -FF-

68 SWB full frame off (project ol skool)
2000 s-10 formally bagged but now my daily driver...
Old 03-01-2003, 10:40 PM   #34
HEAVY CHEVY
BOWTIE FOREVER

I am on the phone with 67/72 Junkie right now, he is unable to get access to a computer at this time . So I am typing this reply for him as he asked me to do.

He thought his wife had sent it out but when he got home it was still there. He also said he will send the package out monday morning priorety mail. He is very upset that this had happened at all; but could not control what happened while he was out of town. He is willing to make good on this deal asap. He also said that he did email Brently befor he left , with the date he was leaving telling him he needed your address to ship this to you. That he did not receive your address until after he was gone. He was under the impression his wife had shipped the package and was upset to find it at the house still when he got back in. He should have access to a computer monday and be able to reply himself at that point.
65 IMPALA 2-DR
283/POWERGLIDE
66 IMPALA 2-DR
hopefully 283/350

~ CAMELTOE ROCKS ~
Old 03-02-2003, 10:42 AM   #35
junkyardjohn

Talking

I ONLY MET 67/72JUNKIE WHEN HE CAME OUT HERE TO NV. TO PICK UP A TRUCK HE BOUGHT ON EBAY. HE SEEMED LIKE AN HONEST, STAND UP KINDA GUY. SO MUCH SO THAT I LET HIM STAY IN MY SPARE BEDROOM FOR THE TWO WEEKS THAT HE WAS HERE, & HAVE FULL ACCESS TO MY SHOP, & ALL MY TOOLS(& BELIEVBE ME, I HAVE ALOT MORE INVESTED IN TOOLS, THAN A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE INVESTED IN THEY'RE HOUSES) I TRUSTED HIM COMPLETELY, & HE DIDN'T DISAPOINT ME. I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF AGGREEMENT HE HAD WITH BRENTLY, BUT I UNDERSTAND IT WAS FOR A WIRING HARNESS FOR $30 SHIPPED TO HIM WITH SHIPPING INCLUDED. HE THOUGHT HE HAD AN EXTRA ONE & DIDN'T. HE PULLED ONE OUT OF HIS OWN PERSONAL TRUCK TO GET HIM ONE. (SOUNDS LIKE A REALLY BAD GUY DOESN'T IT??) BRENTLY WAS SUPPOSED TO EMAIL HIM WITH HIS ADDRESS B-4 HE LEFT S.C. FOR N.V. & INSTEAD TRIED TO PRIVATE MESSAGED HIM, WITCH HE DIDN'T RECEIVE. I HOPE ALL THIS MESS IS OVER SOON TO EVERYONES SATISTFACTION. ALL I KNOW IS 67/72JUNKIE IS AN HONEST STAND UP GUY, & I WOULDN'T BE AFRAID TO HAVE ANY DEALINGS WITH HIM, FOR ANY TYPE OF TRANSACTION, & I NEVER MET THE MAN BEFORE HE GOT OFF THE BUS HERE IN NEVADA.
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
Old 03-02-2003, 11:27 AM   #36
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

Harness

First off let me say thank you to everyone who has stood up for me.Second I will apogize to Brently again for the mix ups.I can understand him being upset with what has happened but I can't control the world only deal with things as they happen.When I first made this deal with Brently I was only trying to return so of the help I have recieved on this board.I agreed to send him the two piece underhood harness for $35 this included shipping.His money order arrived while I was in PA dropping off parts to Pickupman "Bill".When I arrived home and Got it I sent him a PM saying I would ship it right out.I had a 72 harness prepped to install in my own truck.Upon inspection I discovered there was a differance in 71 & 72 ac harnesses.I spent several days trying to locate the correct one inbetween about 30 I have scattered over several locations.When I could not locate the correct 71 harness I took the one off my own 71 Cheyenne to send him and boxed it for shipping.I PM ed him that day and told him it was on the way.When I got to the post office I discovered I had lost the envolope with his address.I looked everywhere for the next several days and could not find it.I sent him an email apoligizing and letting him know to email me his address so my wife could ship it to him as I was leaving for NV.A day after I arrived in NV I found out he had pm'd the address and not sent it to my email so my wife didn't recieve it.By this time my mom was out of town and my wife couldn't get in the shop with out my moms keys.My shop is a three car garage attached to my moms house and only she and I have a key.Junkyard John and I looked in 7 or 8 junkyards and over a 100 parts trucks trying to find a harness to express him from NV with no success.I sent him another pm informing him of the situation and letting him know that he would have to wait until my mom returned home.It was a week latter when my mom returned and my wife ahd been working every day since a forgot.All I can do is say I'm sorry for the way this has all transpired and I will ship it Monday morning Priority mail with a refund minus the shipping.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:23 PM   #37
bowtie

2busy

I for one can understand what its like to be so busy and (not in this case) intentionally ripped off by a board member (DENE YODER). These 2 staements have nothing to do with each other, I was just letting DENE know that I haven't forgotten.

Sometimes I'm away from home alot and "items" don't get packed and shipped the way I like to do them. When your on a road trip and have to plan everything thing from the safety of your family to where your going to stay when you get to your destination, somethings might get "set back" on the priority list. These pickups are my hobby and I, like many others I'm sure, will go out of my way to help another board member or potential board member with their pickup or parts.

67/72junkie sounds like someone that I wouldn't hesitate to do business with, I've been on road trips like his and I envy him. My hats off to junkyardjohn for the hospitality that he has shown. Maybe we can do some business down the road some place.

I use and accept Paypal
Old 03-07-2003, 08:13 AM   #38
Brently

harness is here

the wiring harness came on Thursday - it appears to be in good shape - i have not recieved any money - Brent
Old 03-07-2003, 05:54 PM   #39
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

harness

I hope you are happy with the harness.It cost less than $10 to ship.I will get you a refund out as soon as I collect for the job I'm doing.I was broke when I got home from my trip.If you have any questions let me know.Sorry again for the mix up and hope this gets you going.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:39 AM   #40
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

I consider this issue resolved. No need to continually drag someones name through the mud over a $30 part that has now been sent, and a refund promised soon.

Brently, if you dont recieve a refund within the next 2-3 weeks let me know and I'll investigate further.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Closed Thread