The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
Rigo's 70 C10

Porterbuilt 4 link, does anyone have pics of 1?

Does anyone have pics of a Porterbuilt 4 link system? I am thinking about getting a narrowed rear end for my 70 and a Porterbuilt notch in the rear. I think the only way to do that is to run a 4 link system. My truck is on leaf springs right now and its driving me ape S*&t. Everything is geared for the trailing arm set up! Also, is it possible to run 22s all around and lay frame? I guess what i should ask is how tall of a tire can i run in order to lay frame?
Rigo's 70 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Twistedsteel

Re: Porterbuilt 4 link, does anyone have pics of 1?

Yeah you can lay frame on 22's with I think a 29" tall tire. Are you talkin about the Porterbuilt rear Dropmember? I don't know alot about it yet but it is geared for coil sprung trucks I believe. However it can be used on your truck with modifications to the reareand I believe. Unless maybe Nate came up with something for leaf sprung trucks I dunno. I am curious because my GMC is also leaf sprung. Someone else can chime in with more knowledge.

Albie
Twistedsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Rigo's 70 C10

No, nate mentioned that he has a four link set up. I looked on his website and found nothing. I knowhe answers all questions, but i really hate to bug the guy. I wish there were more info on his website to avoid bugginghim.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigo's 70 C10 View Post
No, nate mentioned that he has a four link set up. I looked on his website and found nothing. I knowhe answers all questions, but i really hate to bug the guy. I wish there were more info on his website to avoid bugginghim.
Bug away!

This may not make a lot of sense to some, but my website is vague for a reason. I make sure I talk to everybody who buys any of my products BEFORE they purchase them. I make sure I inform them on all aspects of the product. I do my best to educate them as well as I can, and that way I can help eliminate any time wasted down the road!

Here's a thread with one of my rear Dropmember kits (go to page 2 for the four-link pics):

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=314923

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Does anyone have pics of a Porterbuilt 4 link system? I am thinking about getting a narrowed rear end for my 70 and a Porterbuilt notch in the rear. I think the only way to do that is to run a 4 link system. My truck is on leaf springs right now and its driving me ape S*&t. Everything is geared for the trailing arm set up! Also, is it possible to run 22s all around and lay frame? I guess what i should ask is how tall of a tire can i run in order to lay frame?
You can lay frame with 22s all the way around. Stay at 29.5" dimater or less up front, and around 30" diameter in the rear.

The rear Dropmember and four-link kit will bolt-in to your frame. The front four-link mounts will go in the existing holes where the front spring hanger is. You will need to weld a new leaf-spring perch to your axle (it comes in the kit, and the rear four-link bracket attaches around it).

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
Rigo's 70 C10

Nate, how much can I narrow the rear end? I am looking for something like this. Maybe not as wide, but I do want the rear tires wider. Also, what are the prices for the 4 link and rear drop member? I PMed you on the front drop member. This is my dream truck so I am going to take my time and do it right the first time around. My truck has been sitting in my garage for over a year and I am going to finally get started on it. Nate you are an artist and an innovator when it comes to our 67-72 trucks.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rigo's 70 C10; 02-21-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #7
smashingchuck
It'd be alot cooler if you did

Those tires are really wide! I have similar mounts on my truck (as far as the amount of space it takes up) and have a 295 no problem.

4Runner Build
smashingchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
jasonb72
PorterBuilt Man Crush

I have the rear dropmember(not yet installed) and Nate and talked before I ordered it. I have 20x10 wheels with a 4" BS, and will probably narrow my rear a couple of inches, and will be fine. Those wheels are ~least 15" wide. I am not speaking for Nate, but I am not sure that wide a wheel will work, but we will see what Nate says.

Quote:
Nate, how much can I narrow the rear end? I am looking for something like this. Maybe not as wide, but I do want the rear tires wider. Also, what are the prices for the 4 link and rear drop member? I PMed you on the front drop member. This is my dream truck so I am going to take my time and do it right the first time around. My truck has been sitting in my garage for over a year and I am going to finally get started on it. Nate you are an artist and an innovator when it comes to our 67-72 trucks.

Last edited by jasonb72; 02-21-2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: type
jasonb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
RunninLo
3DrDwn--the 'burb not the band

here's a straight on shot with stock wheels and tires for referance. More pics including Front and Rear DM installs at my build page for my 72 burb, link in sig
Josh

'89 GMC Dually crew build page coming soon.
88 4x4 crew DD

duallys past/present pics here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...46#post4001246

89 1 ton Dually rear flip kit install here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=354327
RunninLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
Rigo's 70 C10

Wow, now that's layin frame! That looks awesome runnin lo.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #11
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb72 View Post
I have the rear dropmember(not yet installed) and Nate and talked before I ordered it. I have 20x10 wheels with a 4" BS, and will probably narrow my rear a couple of inches, and will be fine. Those wheels are ~least 15" wide. I am not speaking for Nate, but I am not sure that wide a wheel will work, but we will see what Nate says.
You will only have to narrow the rear end only about 1" total. Might be safe and go 1.5". That is if you have a pre70 rear end. I have a 67 rear end with 20x10 with 4.5" backspace and i clear with about 1/2-5/8" per side. Just thought i would share that info.

Josh
Other project: C5 corvette swap into 70 c10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2413517 On Hold
abadsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb72 View Post
I was also going to use a rear Dropmember (I even gave up my frame I think for him to use as 'the' jig). The key word is was..... I can't use the 12" wide wheels in my plans. After taking measurements on n2billets truck w/the rear DM installed, 10" wheels w/about 5.5"BS is about the most you can go before the upper bag mount comes real close to contacting the wheel (verified w/20x10" Coys w/5.5"bs & the 'shorter' 68 rear housing).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 02-21-2009 at 11:02 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #13
Rigo's 70 C10

how wide are our rear ends? Does anyone know?
Old 02-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #14
jasonb72
PorterBuilt Man Crush

I apprecaite that Josh. I have a 72, but I am havinga custom 9" built. I will also be tubbing my inner bed sides since I want the tires to hug the lip as much as possible. I am not a big fan of looking at the truck from the rear and not seeing wheels or tires.

Thanks again for sharing the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadsvt View Post
You will only have to narrow the rear end only about 1" total. Might be safe and go 1.5". That is if you have a pre70 rear end. I have a 67 rear end with 20x10 with 4.5" backspace and i clear with about 1/2-5/8" per side. Just thought i would share that info.

Josh
Old 02-22-2009, 01:19 AM   #15
jasonb72
PorterBuilt Man Crush

Good to know as well, I might have an issue.......I already have the cutom wheels for the rear......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I was also going to use a rear Dropmember (I even gave up my frame I think for him to use as 'the' jig). The key word is was..... I can't use the 12" wide wheels in my plans. After taking measurements on n2billets truck w/the rear DM installed, 10" wheels w/about 5.5"BS is about the most you can go before the upper bag mount comes real close to contacting the wheel (verified w/20x10" Coys w/5.5"bs & the 'shorter' 68 rear housing).