The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
anton

VIN problem solved. Thanks !!

A few weeks ago I posted some questions because I had some VIN number troubles with our dep. of transportation to get the truck on the road here in The Netherlands. Also thanks to the info I got from some of you guys it all turned out well and it passed the inspection now.

So just want to say thanks for helping me with your infomation from the states!!!

Anton.
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: VIN problem solved. Thanks !!

Question: What does it take for a '67-72 truck to pass inspection in The Netherlands and allow you to put a license on it? Not that I intend to license mine in Holland, but I have a curious mind. I'm sure that what you have to do is a real pain, compared to what we normally have to do. I stress "normally" because there will always be an extenuating set of circumstances that makes a normal event become one that is onerous.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

anton, make sure you stick around, not just for your questions that'll pop up, but just to share and learn. You'll find this place to be quite amazing.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
Question: What does it take for a '67-72 truck to pass inspection in The Netherlands and allow you to put a license on it? Not that I intend to license mine in Holland, but I have a curious mind. I'm sure that what you have to do is a real pain, compared to what we normally have to do. I stress "normally" because there will always be an extenuating set of circumstances that makes a normal event become one that is onerous.
Well when a car or truck is imported from a country outside of Europe it will have to pass a technical, mechanical and enviremental test. Technical/mechanical and safety concerning brakes, rubbers, ball joints, lights, tires, no cracked windows etc. and enviremental concerninig emission for newer cars and how much noise it makes. The rules for newer cars are different then for classics. If a car or truck is imported from a European country into NL they have to take over the license ansd it will only have to past a regular test. So sometimes what they do if it doesn't pass in Holland it will be imported from USA in Germany f.a. end then imported into Holland.

In my case the fact that they found 2 VIN numbers made them start asking questions. Now they checked if the VIN was not registred for something illegal. It was not so at least it passed................
anton is offline   Reply With Quote