The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Rokcrln

LFD's XXL DropMember I6 Install

Well time to have a bit of PorterBuilt fun. XXL has asked me to install his DM for him as he has been doing some crazy work hours. I have been working allot as well but I don't sleep much so what the heck.
What is also interesting is I found a pic of XXL's truck over 8-10yrs ago on-line before this cab or paint but it was a great looking truck that had the right look. It is the truck that got me back into this body style and pointed me in the direction I am in today and now he is coming to me for work. Small world isn't it.

Well here are a few before shots of the truck layed out and a few front suspension shots for reference. This truck has a pancaked front cross member right now and it does the job of getting it in the weeds but not it will do that with much better manors and get the front wheels centered up were they should be.

I also included a few shots of the DropMember kit. Heck their is over $100 in just hardware alone being everything is grade 8. Does it need grade 8 probably not but Nate Porter is not one to cut corners just to save a few bucks and it shows. I was lucky enough to be able to head to AZ to his shop and work for him for the day and he has a first rate set up going on with allot more coming for all of us.

Now Nate has not installed a DM with a Striate 6 yet so he sent me an extra set of motor mounts in kit form so I can see what it will take to make it work. Once I get it set up I will send Nate a set of the mounts so he can include them for other 6 banger guys. After a quick look under the truck I think the motor will stay right were it is and should clear fine. As long as the rack does not get in the way I think it will go smooth since this is a running and driving truck so I really don't want to have to move the engine up or around if not needed.

Stay tuned for more fun!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Yep he like his truck low, Very low!

[IMG][/IMG]