The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
lks dcvn

Another Lks Dcvn Project - 1970 LWB for my Dad

A little history before the updates hit...(taken from an old post of mine)

Long story made short - in December 2007 a guy in Detroit put up a CL ad for a project truck he could no longer keep - and mentioned no rust...I like everybody else was skeptical - but decided to check it out anyway. The most solid truck I have seen in these parts was in his garage (it has some surface rust and a few bubbles here and there, but it is solid for Ohio/Michigan) - after BS'ing for a few mins - he said - just make me an offer - I need it gone...

Having no interest in a project - I left without giving an offer - but left my number and told him my price if he got that low - - he called me before I got home and said that he would take my offering price if I was interested.

The truck was in my driveway a week or so later...I figured I would give it to my Dad since he is always borrowing my other trucks to haul something or another...

Arrival date - Jan 13th, 2008 - no motor, no trans, front clip in the bed...my girlfriend just shook her head as I rolled it into the backyard asking me what I was going to do with that thing...

When the snow stopped flying here I got started. Here are the pix from back then. I had no idea what I was getting into (I had never done a restore before).
Attached Images

lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote