The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
Lineman

Need Sheet Doors/Sheet Metal

Hi

Well, I finally got a 6066. My dad had one in the sixty's and grew up listening to all the stories of him traveling with that truck. Now I have a 63 1500 step side with some rust in the doors, front fenders, rockers and floor boards and around the windshield.

I have a great restoration guy and he is thinking that if I can score some original rust free stuff from out west maybe that will be the best. Any idea where I can come up with that?? And if he has to use repro stuff what is the best?? Or (I hate to ask) is there any NOS stuff out there??

I am trying to make an original driver out of this thing and I am getting the bugs worked out mechanically now.

BTW - Where can I get a boot for the emergency brake that goes thru the floor??

Thanks

Jay
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: Need Sheet Doors/Sheet Metal

put in a order for a lmc truck catalog, they are free www.lmctruck.com
no repro doors for a 63, by the time you get done with the shipping of a good door from ca, or tx you might be better off buying the door bottoms and skin patch panels for them.
samegoes for the fenders and other sheetmetal..
how bad is the windshield rot? they do make a patch panel, but if it is too small you might think about replacing the roof....
check ebay auctions there is a guy in ca. that cuts up good 60-66's in ca all the time and auctions off the pieces.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
Lineman

Thanks

Yeah, I didn't know you could get the door bottoms, I know of LMC but I don't know about the quality of their sheet metal. I hear the stuff made in the states is better but I don't know if I can get it?? Who has the best quality stuff??

Looks like the cab is good, the windshield had been leaking at the bottom so there is some rust there and it doesn't look too bad, but the windshield is still in.

Who is the guy in CA??

Thanks

Jay
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

I did not see him on an ebay search this morning, but I have seen his stuff quite a bit in the past, he will list stuff like 1/2 of a bed side, and then another listing is the other half., or he will sell a roof the same way....
I think tabco is the good us manufacturer of patch panels...you might have to call lmc and ask.

post up some pics if you can, we might be able to halp you/advise you more!
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
1962k20

Dirty Donny's in C.A. I baught some stuff from him off of fee-bay. socalhotrodz@aol.com
1962k20 is offline   Reply With Quote