The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
72cheyenneman

Grandma's '72 Cheyenne LWB Half Ton

I have a question for you truck guys. She left it to me after she died over 25 years ago. It was in Kansas for 10 years before I brought it here to New Orleans. When my grandmother passed, the truck had 48,000 miles, and since I've had, I've put 5,000 miles on it. One of the trips I took in the truck was to south Texas to haul my boat back to New Orleans. This truck has been in my family since new, and my grandmother used it only carried her trash to the dump, since there was no trash pickup in the country. This truck is original, down to the bolts and the spiral shocks. I can get in this truck today and drive it to California without a problem. There's work to be done on it, but I'm confused on selling the truck or restoring it. The only way that I would sell is if someone would restore it and not try to make a quick buck or sell it off for parts.

Here's the good and the bad on it:
1. Small pin holes in truck bed
2. Right door bottom has some rot
3. Passenger side quarter needs patch
4. Tailgate bottom has some rot
5. Both rockers replaced (in my opinion)
6. Right fender needs patch, which can be done
7. Needs a fuel tank
8. Needs carpet and bench seat bottom needs reupholstered
9. Transmission leaks, but will drive as long as there's plenty of fluid
10. Air condition needs to be fixed
11. Needs a radiator core support
12. Needs right interior fender well

Here's some photos:
[IMG][/IMG]

For someone who has rebuilt and restored trucks, this would be a darling. I have an idea what the truck would be worth but am confused on whether to sell the truck or restore it myself. I have two '69 Camaros and one '72 Chevelle that takes all my space up. I'd sell the truck if I knew it was going to a truck enthusiast who would restore it to original.

What would you do?
72cheyenneman is offline   Reply With Quote