The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
srea76

72 grand prix booster\mc fit out truck?

My father-in-law just bought 2 of the longest cars in history to restore. He drove one after college and is restoring them for sentimental reasons. They are 72 grand prixs. He has an extra booster and master cylinder I can have off the donor car. My 72 c10 is manual brakes and I want to go to power brakes. Does anyone know if they are the same as our trucks or if it will work on my 72 c10?
srea76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
mbgmike

Re: 72 grand prix booster\mc fit out truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srea76 View Post
My father-in-law just bought 2 of the longest cars in history to restore. He drove one after college and is restoring them for sentimental reasons. They are 72 grand prixs. He has an extra booster and master cylinder I can have off the donor car. My 72 c10 is manual brakes and I want to go to power brakes. Does anyone know if they are the same as our trucks or if it will work on my 72 c10?

The booster and mc would probably work. Booster and mc really don't care what they are on to a point.They are different for a big block and small block pontiac but that has to do with the rod length. and when the car was made. they used the A0 A1 and A8 rods. If you use both from same vehicle thay would probably work fine. The only thing I can see is the pontiac booster brackets are revited onto the bracket which is slanted I believe. Their are not studs on back to bolt to. I could be wrong. if you wanted to bolt the unit as is the firewall you would probably have to add the correct brake rod which is not hard. Not sure it would bolt up though with existing holes.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
srea76

Re: 72 grand prix booster\mc fit out truck?

Thanks Mike. I may take it off and play with it some.
srea76 is offline   Reply With Quote