The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Well I'm gonna back up to 2001 . That was the year I returned to Super Chevy for the first time since 1988 . The truck had the Chevy headed 598 combo in it and was running mid nines in the heat at the Texas Motorplex . We were hanging out at the trailer trying to stay cool when a guy from the magazine came up . He told me I had been selected for an Editors Choice Top 10 Drag Car Award ! Man I thought this was way cool ! (finally a little redmption for the way the truck looked in 88 when it was in the magazine). Anyhow the guy got all my info , took some pictures , and gave me a cool plaque . The photo booth even had a really big pic on display of the truck on a good wheels up launch . Well I waited on pins and needles for the issue to come out . I finally got it and guess what NO FRIGGIN PICTURE .....The only thing they did was put my name in there and the only drag car they put a pic in of was some old funky 60 Studebaker . I sent them an Email so long I had to shorten it ! Can ya tell Im still sore about it ? Well thats all for now guys I have to get to work .