The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #26
C20-67_N_MO
Champagne Taste on Beer Budget

Exclamation Re: craigslist: too good to be true

Okay get this:

I posted an ad on my local Craigs List for a Edelbrock 650cfm for sale, well this guy emails me and says he will take it.

Great! A fast easy sell right?

Wrong!

this is what he wrote to me:
Quote:
Thanks so much for the info,i will like let you know that the deal is still on and the payment would be sent via UPS, Fed Ex or Us Mail Courier Service and the item will be picked up as soon as you receive the payment,and get payment cashed.Then I will instruct my shipper to get in contact with you for the pick up schedule time and date.I will like to tell you that i would be sending a payment worth of $2,500 cover the shipment of the items bought, because, i might not be on hand when the payment arrives,as am going for my honeymoon in the United Kingdom. As soon as you receive the check have it cashed and remove your money for the item and send the remaining funds to my shipper via western union money transfer.My shipper is also picking some of other items at the same city of yours,that is why you need to transfer the amount to my shipper.you will have to deduct $150 for your running around that I have caused you during the transaction period.Please let me know if i can trust you on this so we can move forward from here. Do get back to me asap. Ok Regards

I just wrote him back saying this is 100% a scam!!

And of course never heard back from him.

Last edited by C20-67_N_MO; 05-28-2010 at 08:05 PM.
C20-67_N_MO is offline   Reply With Quote