The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
El Jefe985

Varajet 2 problems

I just got done putting a 1980 250 into my 76 jeep and I'm having problems with the carb that hopefully someone can shed some light on.

I rebuilt the carb. Everything went fine. At least I thought it did. Now that I'm trying to get it running, It doesnt want to idle smooth and no adjusting the air/fuel mixture screw affects anything. and I have to have the idle screw turned in all the way to keep it running. So yesterday I looked down the carb whilst it was running and at an idle its spraying gas out of the jet. So I figured maybe the float is too high. So took it out and turned out to be gas logged, so I went and bought a new float thinking this is the fix. Put it on and still doing the exact same thing. I;m kinda lost as to where to look next. so and Varajet guru out there that can help me?
El Jefe985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
El Jefe985

Re: Varajet 2 problems

I found a replacement. Its a Weber K490 kit. has the 38 DGES carb. Says its to replace the S-10's and all Rochester 2SE's. But does anyone know anything bout this carb? I heard Weber's are excellent. But its alot of money and would hate it not to do what I need. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
El Jefe985 is offline   Reply With Quote