The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
CenValyCali

Interchangable parts help please ....

Looking at buying a parts truck that all there but it's a 1966 and mine a 1962. Now I no the doors or the front windshield wont work but will the fenders fit? What about inside? The dash wont fit or the bezel but will the radio fit or the glove box fit? I plan on using the bed for patch panels also. They look identical, but can someone shed some light on this also? I'm diggin the 66 grill but what kind of modification will need to be done for it to mount? The truck is a really good price. From looking at the pic of the 66 the door glass might even fit my truck. The hood also. Please respond. Thanks
CenValyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Interchangable parts help please ....

The front fenders, hood, grille support, and grille will all interchange, although changing grilles may require drilling a couple of holes. The front bumpers are not a direct interchange because the vertical distance between the bolt holes are different between 60-62 and 63-66. Rear fenders or quarter panels should make good donor material. The only glass that will interchange is the rear window. The 60-63 has the wrap around windshield and matching doors & glass. The 64-66 doors have a conventional vent window shape so none of the side glass fits the earlier body. The heater mounting on the firewall is also different between the early and late cab, along with the clutch linkage. 60-62 is hydraulic, while 63-66 has mechanical linkage.

And of course the chassis are completely different. The 60-62 is unique with the torsion bar front end, while the 63-66 remained pretty much standard through 1972.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
CenValyCali

Re: Interchangable parts help please ....

Mark thanks for the reply. Looks like I'm going to pick it up next weekend. I can't pass this deal up. I'll be using driver side fender, gas tank, patch panels for the bed and possibly converting my grill over to a 66. Why not have extra parts in case some loser decides to hit my truck at the grocery store
CenValyCali is offline   Reply With Quote