The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
asickber

Re: 1990 Jimmy Daily Driver?

Here's a link to what I'm looking at.
http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/cto/2071677815.html

As far as a car seat goes, I'll be using one with a base that stays in the truck so that it can snap in and out without having to buckle it in every time. Hopefully that would make it a little more convenient.
asickber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
79 silverado
Account Suspended

Re: 1990 Jimmy Daily Driver?

Well, if you look close under the front bumper in the pics it has the plates on it for mounting a plow frame, so it looks like the "snow plow available" that is mentioned in the ad was on the truck and probably removed for that "new paint". This would lean me towards wanting to check out those floors since it likely saw lots of snow/sand on some roads somewhere, also the rear reinforcement bar the tailgate hinges mount to, etc.

Also might want to find out if it was an electric or hydraulic plow setup, see what was modified to put it on there (did they weld those plates to the frame hack-job style) cut holes in the firewall to put control cables through that might leak, think about drivetrain stresses from having been a plow rig depending on how often it was worked (if they give you an honest answer) check areas like the front frame near the steering box for cracks like on the pickups, etc.

Personally, seeing that it was a plow rig I'd pass on it as something to be daily driver dependable, but that is just me having seen what plowing does to many rigs in my time in new england.

Last edited by 79 silverado; 01-04-2011 at 10:25 AM.
79 silverado is offline   Reply With Quote