The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-27-2003, 01:54 AM   #1
cheyenne10

71 C20 cheyenne for sale

71 cheyenne 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive. 350/350, PS, PB great daily driver or donor. No cancer some surface rust. $1600.

Prev. owner I believe re-did top end on motor and it runs strong. I think it has an aftermarket intake on it but otherwise bone stock. It leaks the usual little bit of motor oil. It is a
71 and I have seen several 71's where the paint failed prematurely on the front clip. I think front end was painted seperately and by different process. It has never had an engine fire but has most of front fenders and hood covered with surface rust but none eaten thru. It has seemed to stay in this state of surface rust for a long time. It has no cancer rust thru.
It does have small amount on right inner fender under battery but this has just showed up in last 2 years. Bed floor is real straight except for 1 ding the size of a walnut where something was droped on it. Seat is torn as usual at drivers seat, has aftermarket cheapy radio, 16" wheels, lower trim only, very good PS, and PB, motor runs very storng, T350 tranny shifts good,
has good pickup. Has I believe cab tank plus 1 saddle or 2 (I never used
saddles).
Old 06-28-2003, 10:53 PM   #2
ozarkhippie

Got any pic of the truck my email is toddsrodsncustom@arkansas.net
ozarkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 12:14 PM   #3
cheyenne10

Sold 71 to board member

Sold my dads 71 Cheyenne20 to board member Phillip Johnson. Good guy, got lots of stories in!!

Thanks Phil.

Still have 72 parts truck and more parts to come. I need to sort though some of my projects and sell something else I'll never finish. Anyone within reach of Oregon let me know of anything you might be needing and are willing to come pick up.

cheyennek20@comcast.net
Old 07-14-2003, 02:46 PM   #4
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

Nice truck.. I am planning to dig out my DA and start sanding in the next week or so. It was a nice road trip back from Eugene to Grants Pass with my Suzuki Samari in tow. Lots of power on the hills and I think I may have got about 12 mpg!

Ill keep you up to date with pictures as the progress goes along. My wife returns from Denver tonight. Im ready for the blast about another truck in the driveway..he he he..

Big boys toys!
If you could send me a picture of the side yard next to your shop, I think I may have a chance to live longer as my wife will see that someone else with a very nice home collects trucks and parts can do it and and have an understanding wife..

It was great meeting with you as another board member. That makes about 6 Ive met now.. 2 are here in Grants Pass..
Thanks again Bob! Im headed to DMV this afternoon.
Attached Images

Phillip Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:48 PM   #5
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

another pict
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2003, 02:51 PM   #6
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

For the record, Bob has alot of good used parts, guys.. Good guy to work with and freeway close! I, myself, also have several parts. If Bob dosn't have it, try me! He has a BIG selection of body parts, all to be in great cond. I would have liked to have filled the bed of my new truck for the drive home but I didn't want to press my luck with my wife..

Last edited by Phillip Johnson; 07-14-2003 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:37 PM   #7
cheyenne10

pic to post

Phil;

Glad you got the pic posting thing down. I still need to learn how to shrink mine up or post on web and then link them. I've always hated to sell, I like to buy!!. Wife would sure like me to sell some of what I don't need in the near future.

keep us posted.