The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
Wild83C10

Re: Need some engine advice and suggestions...

Sounds good and I like the SS headers. I like the muffled exhaust better, just sounds cleaner.

Two things I noticed, your track bar is way off, should be parallel with the ground at ride height. Is your driveshaft too short? I see a lot of the slip yoke in the one picture.

383 MASS-FLO EFI/TKO II 600/3.90 Posi 10 bolt
S475 and C4 DM running, fine tuning
turbo=
Douchebag Racing: Runs Fine all the Time
Wild83C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Hart_Rod

Re: Need some engine advice and suggestions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild83C10 View Post
Sounds good and I like the SS headers. I like the muffled exhaust better, just sounds cleaner.

Two things I noticed, your track bar is way off, should be parallel with the ground at ride height. Is your driveshaft too short? I see a lot of the slip yoke in the one picture.
The 50 series flowmasters quieted everything down but it still has a good rumble. The cut outs are just to mess with 5.0's and rice burners, .

I had to move the mounting point down on the track bar (more pics in my build thread) because it was interferring with the aluminum rearend cover. It seems to work well at this location. I'm replacing the 4" drop springs with 6" drop springs so that should help level it out some.

As far as the driveshaft, it has approximately 2" that go into the transmission, I assume that is enough? I've got a couple more things that I'm going to do to the suspension that could affect that measurement, when I'm done with that I'll verify that everything is still good.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote