The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2011, 03:36 AM   #1
flomofo

Another possible candidate, dissect please...

I ran into another truck I was thinking of picking up for no other reason than it runs, has a later model 454 with some sort of msd ignition and its a 71 c20 so it already has decent disk brakes up front with a durable tranny (TH400).

I really don't know much about big blocks as I recently took a liking to them so here it is.

Issues are

1. Some stuff I can't identify in the engine bay (especially that big steel reservoir thats just dangling around near the top by the booster)

2. Cab gas tank that was removed and replaced by two crappy side saddle tanks that the PO then decided to route through the bed in a half hazard way as you can see in pics.

3. Crappy repaint, so I'm not sure how much bondo etc. was used.

4. Original filler neck area had a power antenna put in place with a patch or delete made out of pure bondo or something similar because its cracking all around that area.

5. Dash cut out for cd player so of course the doors are too.

6. Not an A/C car but thinking the new vintage air 4 system might still work on it with the serpentine system they sell as well? (if it works on a big block)

On the plus side the panels seemed to fit together mostly well, it has a bbc and it surprisingly is not rotted out on the kick panels or cab corners although I didnt get a light into the corners I just stuck my hands in there.

The drivers door was bubbling however, so it probably needs to be glassed or the door replaced.

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/2403062135.html
Tired of holding on to this. First person with 2300 cash takes it. Has late model 454 with headers and flowmasters. Roll pan w/ tow package. 1971 Chevrolet c20. Msd ignition nice inerior. Needs paint and some small oil leak repair. Approx 1k in back tags.

Last edited by flomofo; 05-30-2011 at 03:53 AM.
flomofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:42 AM   #2
69C-owner

Re: Another possible candidate, dissect please...

eh id find something that hadnt been messed with quite so much...... no so called "mods"
69C-owner is offline   Reply With Quote