The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #12
colin_havens

Re: Brake bleeding help needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs409 View Post
I like doing things myself rather than relying on help so I made a pressurized bleeder system. (just a piece of steel with an air fitting)

Cut a piece of thick plate steel (3/16 or so, I used 1/4 inch myself) that fits on top of the master cylinder to cover both openings. Glue a piece of rubber on the bottom to act as a seal. Install an air fitting above one of the openings (I sealed mine around the threads with JB weld) Then put a small notch in the bottom of the plate so air can go to both chambers of the master cylinder. All that's left is to set it on top of the master cylinder and use 2 C clamps to hold it tightly down.

Hook up your air compressor and apply about 20-25lbs of pressure, go under and bleed at each wheel. This takes out the "middle man" in bleeding brakes.

It sounds like alot of work but once this tool is made, it lasts a lifetime!

Here's some pics of it in action on my 72 Chevelle:

That is AWESOME! They have kit out that are made to do this, but they are expensive. My brakes are fine now, but Im going to make one of these the next time I have to bleed mine.
colin_havens is offline   Reply With Quote