The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
Allens86

Air bag suspension help

So I'm wanting to do a basic air bag kit on my truck that wont break the bank too bad and will get the job done. I was also wondering if it is necessary to put a huge c notch and cut through my bed. If anyone has advice or knows a good site that sells bag kits i would really appreciate it.

Thank you
1986 Chevy Custom Deluxe
Nothing like a square body
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...0&ppuser=45891
Allens86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Air bag suspension help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allens86 View Post
So I'm wanting to do a basic air bag kit on my truck that wont break the bank too bad and will get the job done. I was also wondering if it is necessary to put a huge c notch and cut through my bed. If anyone has advice or knows a good site that sells bag kits i would really appreciate it.

Thank you
You can go 'mild to wild' when dropping w/air. The 'huge notch & cutting through the bed' is dependent on just how low you're trying to get. Those will be your limitations though so about a 6/8 drop is the max before you're going to have to consider them.

Check out the 'suspension marketplace' right here for several vendors that can drop you down the correct way w/quality components.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
andrewmp6

The big c notch and cutting the bed is for laying frame and big wheels.Look At http://www.ridetech.com/store/ they have a bolt in rear kit that don't make you cut the bed but it won't lay frame.If you talk to jon@scottshotrods he is a dealer for ridetech I'm sure he can work out a good deal for you.

Last edited by andrewmp6; 07-08-2011 at 03:51 AM.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
craig@ridetech.com
Formerly LSC71

There are several different options you can use on your truck. The 4 link kits will give you the best ride quality and handling for the rear, but if you want to keep it inexpensive the air over leaf kits will work too, they just don't give you the best handling. The front is even easier and you can drop it without doing much more than replacing the coil springs with a set of air bags. We have several dealers on the site that can set you up with any of our products and if you need help on selecting which products will best fit your needs definitely give me a call and I will be happy to help you out. 812-481-4707
craig@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
kieth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allens86 View Post

Thank you
How much drop in the rear and the front do you want.....?
kieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
tech@scottshotrods

basically if you are looking for an inexpensive kit like craig had mentioned you can do an air over leaf to keep cost down, but I would recommend doing a parallel 4-link be it weld on or an Ridetech bolt on kit, obviously the weld on is going to be the less expensive alternative. The ridetech 4-link retails for 1800.00 which is complete! 4-link, bolt in c-notch, bags, mounts, pan hard bar and mounts and all hardware and do believe there is a ton of hardware!..... Now a weld on is going to range complete from 700.00-1000.00, half the price which obviously has to be welded into place... The front kit is simple with an upper and lower bag mount bags and shocks puting you right around 500.00, as for the compressor system if you plan on putting any miles on the truck at all I would only suggest a 4 way system which prevents a butt load of body roll and the god forsaken lean :-) an inexpensive 4-path control system is going to run you 900.00-1000.00 which is complete with compressor, tank lines, fittings, compressor, gauges, gauge panel, and 4 rocker switches...

If you have any questions feel free to fire away!
tech@scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
Brandonc20

Way2lo2@aol.com

Borris hooked me up with a manual fill bag setup for the rear for 172.00 shipped. talk to him.
Brandonc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:05 AM   #8
Allens86

Thank you everyone i have a much better idea of how to go about bagging my truck now.
1986 Chevy Custom Deluxe
Nothing like a square body
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...0&ppuser=45891
Allens86 is offline   Reply With Quote