The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
jfitzloff

52 chevy block headers

Hello everyone!! I have a question. Is there a difference in clearence on block hugger headers? Ok I have the hugger with the first and last pipe are in front of the center pipes. The other style is with the first and last pipe behind the center pipes. Are they the same or does one have more clearance? Thanks and keep on truckin!!
Posted via Mobile Device
jfitzloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
parkwood

Re: 52 chevy block headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfitzloff View Post
Hello everyone!! I have a question. Is there a difference in clearence on block hugger headers? Ok I have the hugger with the first and last pipe are in front of the center pipes. The other style is with the first and last pipe behind the center pipes. Are they the same or does one have more clearance? Thanks and keep on truckin!!
Posted via Mobile Device
The one's with the first and last pipe that go on the outside or front will clear the spark plug better. When i get headers for SBC i always buy the one's for angel plug heads. the spark boots clear a lot better..
parkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
jfitzloff

So you buy angle plug block hugger headers for sbc will everything fit on a52 chevy pickup with mustang ll front end and after market steering to a rack and pinion? If so can you give me a item number of the headers you use from speedway motors or summit raceing. Or where ever you buy your headers from. Thx
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-27-2011, 01:16 AM   #4
parkwood

Quote:
So you buy angle plug block hugger headers for sbc will everything fit on a52 chevy pickup with mustang ll front end and after market steering to a rack and pinion? If so can you give me a item number of the headers you use from speedway motors or summit raceing. Or where ever you buy your headers from. Thx
Posted via Mobile Device
You should have no problem with the headers fitting.. that said a lot of things come into play. how low motor is set in frame, how far back, where steering comes out of fire wall, etc... the picture is of a '51 suburban with a 350, with Mll front end and power rack hooked to an ididit steering column..

Patriot header: part # H8019-1 $271.95 ceramic coated, you may to get them less uncoated..

Hope this helps
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
jps03

Check out www.sandersenheaders.com . They have a few different styles of block huggers with some comparison drawings to other manufactures headers.
jps03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
jfitzloff

Thanks everyone for the header help! I finally found a set that fit great. They were block huggers from speedway. They were formed with the first and last pipe going behind the two middle pipes. My other block huggers i had the first and last pipe went in front of the middle pipes plus they didnt have as tight of bend in them. no wounder why i couldnt get them to fit. So i learned not to buy a cheap set of headers off of ebay that are a no brand header! lesson learned!!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:37 AM   #7
parkwood

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the header help! I finally found a set that fit great. They were block huggers from speedway. They were formed with the first and last pipe going behind the two middle pipes. My other block huggers i had the first and last pipe went in front of the middle pipes plus they didnt have as tight of bend in them. no wounder why i couldnt get them to fit. So i learned not to buy a cheap set of headers off of ebay that are a no brand header! lesson learned!!

We've all been in that class room before.. just glad you found some that work..