The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-19-2003, 07:51 AM   #1
Grim Reaper

Win a truck and help a family!

Hope this is ok to post here. Yeah it's a Jeep but it's a restored jeep and it's going to help out my friends. In the pictures I'm the guy wearing the bandana.

www.PayneJeep.com

Ok here is the deal. One of our club members ( www.gbr4wd.com ), Robin Payne, was seriously injured in a car wreck. She spent 4 months in the hospital and is paralyzed from the waist down as a result.

They were a dual income family like most of us and this has really screwed them up finacially. On top of her Husband, Ralph, now being the only income their current house is totally unsuitable for her to live in because it's a split level. She has been living with her parents since she got out of the hospital, away from her husband and two kids.

They need a new house. Houses suitable to a person in a wheel chair are few and far between and it will have to be built. They have some equity in their current home and it will be going on the market soon.

Ralph is a mechanic by trade and as such without a sizable down payment he will not be able to secure a loan.

One of the other club members works for a large home builder in the area. The builder is basically going to build the house at cost as in no profit for the company but the workers will still have to be paid unless they chose to donate their time.

This is where the club is trying to help. One of the members had a CJ5 that had seen better day's. He donated the CJ to be restored. The Jeep is going to be a door prize at a fund raising dinner. We can't just do a raffle of the jeep for legal reasons although selling tickets to a fund raising dinner is legal in GA (way the not for profit laws and stuff are written here). If you can't make the dinner after you buy the tickets...ohh well. No need to be present to win. Just RSVP so we know how much food to have on hand.

Grand Prize 1980 CJ5, fully restored.
Second prize is a HS9500 (remote pack)
Third prize is a set of 33 inch MTR's with about 500 miles on them.

Like was said, the Jeep is restored (as in stock) including rebuilt transmission, Rebuilt engine, regeared to 3.42 (it was like a 2.75 or something) New seals in the whole drive line, New brake system including any questionable and all soft lines. This was a frame off job. New floor from bed to fire wall. Panting and body work was donated by Concord Body shop (this would have been a $3k job). It looks better then the day it rolled off the assembly line! None of the pinch welds are visible, Engine compartment was painted body color. Scorpion bed liner done by KMA all the way up to the underside of the cowl. Even a NEW electrical system from end to end (kit was close to $400 I understand and it really is nice. I did the dash installation and really impressed with the quality).

There are a few things that if you are a shop or manufacture that we could use to put the finishing touches on it if you care to donate. List on the web site. The big one is Still trying to get a black Soft top donated as a finishing touch. It will have a tan best top that is serviceable but is worn if we can't get a top.

Jeep should be at the Southern 3rd quarter meeting in Blairsville GA in September. It WILL be at Dixie run. www.sfwda.org for information on those events.

The dinner and give away will be in November in Jasper GA.

Tickets are $25 a plate.

FULL details here www.paynejeep.com You can see pictures of it's progress. We hope to be wrapping up the drivetrain and dropping the body back on the frame our next work weekend.

Tickets should go on sale online on the 19th and can be purchased via Paypal.

Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:25 AM   #2
Mudder

Sounds like a really good way to help a family out. I will be gettin in on this.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:44 AM   #3
stelth2002
Young Gun wth Fast Inline

I might and im in college. I know how things like that can happen to a family.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:22 PM   #4
treefrog

I'm in. TF
treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:11 PM   #5
nu2-72

Can you keep a list and notify us or keep this at the top when you are ready to do this? I'm in.
2006 Duramax Crew cab 4x4
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
2011 Harley Street Glide
nu2-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 05:20 PM   #6
Bernie

I'm in too.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:27 PM   #7
Grim Reaper

Quote:
Originally posted by nu2-72
Can you keep a list and notify us or keep this at the top when you are ready to do this? I'm in.
www.paynejeep.com It's ready to go now. If you don't want to do Paypal there is information on the site where you could mail a check.

Thanks a lot guys!
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote