The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2003, 08:31 PM   #1
Porkchop

Parting out value

I usually don't come to the 73-87 board because I have a 69, but I thought that you guys could answer a question for me. I am looking at buying an 2wd 80s half ton lwb chevy for suspension parts for my 69, and I was wondering what the parts value might be. The front end is totaled but the bed and cab are pretty solid and the owner says it has a good 350 in it. So what do these parts usually go for? (they are all in decent shape)-----
frame-
doors-
cab with all interior parts-
bed-
Also, is there as much demand for 73-87 parts as there are for 67-72 parts? Would any of you guys be interested in some of these parts? I just want to make sure that if I buy the truck that I can get rid of what I don't need fast.
Thanks for any information that you guys can give me
brad
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 09:11 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

there is a demand for 73-87 parts but its more plentiful than the older generations so it works out that therye not as valuable as it would be if it was an older truck
doors about $100 each in good rust /bondo free ( complete )
cab $200-350 or up if rust/bondo free more if it has the full dash good seat etc wiring harness etc
frame $100-150 depends on what condition
bed $400-600 depending on condition and whether its wood/steel floor

If ya wasnt from MI and so far away and all id have bought the cab from ya quite possibly the bed too
one of our other board members has an 84 SWB with a good body mild custom work but a blown motor for like $1700 or so

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 02:30 PM   #3
gmtrucksaddict
Account Suspended

a good cab in MI, and doors too ? you sure ?

im surprised if so,
i wouldnt be parting it if its that clean

73-up dont have the value that 72 older do, as far as parts go anyways,,, yet.. 73-80 are starting to get thinned out considerably now, however, its a matterof time til..

goodluck
gmtrucksaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 06:44 PM   #4
Porkchop

yeah, I was really shocked at teh condition of the truck. But I asked the owner and he said it was from Colorado. It has rust on it but not nearly as much relative to other Michigan trucks. Also, the doghouse is totaled and it has no title, so parting it would probably be the only option.
thanks for the info; let me know if any of you would be interested in parts.
brad
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote