The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
theastronaut

Re: '65 Chevy C10 Long Fleet Retrospective Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet '66 View Post
Just finished reading this whole thread. Simply amazing with tremendous attention to detail and fantastic documetation. Keep up the great work. I'll be checking out your "Goldilocks" thread as well.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
theastronaut, was the color matched line-x a very expensive option? Was the whole process simple enough. And does it have UV protection for fading?

Something I'm considering but am not sure due to cost. It looks absolutely
I think the normal price is around $800? He gave us a deal since he was a little slow at the time and could use it to stay busy, and we send each other a good bit of work. They do all the prep work and masking, and did a great job. It's a two step process, first a tinted liner that gives the build thickness and texture, and a second coat that matches the paint exactly. I'm not sure on the UV protection, we weren't too worried about it on this truck since it'll be indoors all the time.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
NONHOG

Wow! Not only is it very nice work. I learned some tricks from your thread.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
theastronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
Wow! Not only is it very nice work. I learned some tricks from your thread.
Thanks NONHOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
Very cool. Thank you! Do you know why type of surface it can be sprayed onto? If I consider it, I don't want to lay paint. Do you think it'd be okay to spray it on top of primer and or any negative in doing so? Thanks
I did the rough bodywork in the bed and sprayed two coats of epoxy, then they prepped and sprayed over that. Small dents and heavy rust pitting will show up, so you've still got to do the rough bodywork to get the panels back into shape. No long board blocking needed though. No issues at all with adhesion this way.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
litew8

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
I think the normal price is around $800? He gave us a deal since he was a little slow at the time and could use it to stay busy, and we send each other a good bit of work. They do all the prep work and masking, and did a great job. It's a two step process, first a tinted liner that gives the build thickness and texture, and a second coat that matches the paint exactly. I'm not sure on the UV protection, we weren't too worried about it on this truck since it'll be indoors all the time.
Very cool. Thank you! Do you know why type of surface it can be sprayed onto? If I consider it, I don't want to lay paint. Do you think it'd be okay to spray it on top of primer and or any negative in doing so? Thanks