The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
simobones454

triangular 4 link set up

hi building my own triangular 4 link set up for 1990 c1500,bags are over bottom links.Bottom bars are 2x2 inch box with ajustable super pivot at one end and welded at other,triangle top will be out of tube section. Question i need is when setting it all up are the bottom bars meant to be level when in ride height position or does this not matter. What im after is any diagrams, photos or anything that will help me out thanks
simobones454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Pro Performance

Re: triangular 4 link set up

I have always setup all the bars to be level at ride height. I have seen it when the bars are angled at ride height, but that might have been because it was a bolt on kit that used the factory hanger position as a pivot point. If you are starting from scratch, then you have the ability to move that pivot point up or down as needed.

There might be an advantage to having them angled, I just have never done it that way. Don't think it is terrible for it to be angled slightly, but from what I know, straight is ideal.
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote