The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #11
Rannos

Re: No More Hotrod Truck.

Well plans have changed again. I have been going over the car to see what all it needed before I dropped my drive train in it and it needs abit more work then I was lead to beleive. So for now I will drop the motor in my truck and do some index stuff. On motor I should be able to run the 7.0 index.

I will work on the car during the week and play with the truck on the weekends. I need to rerun all the brake lines, re-wire everything, run a fuel system and finish up the suspension work on the car.

I also may be getting a decent deal on some BBC stuff. So I may just leave the SBC in the truck and build me a decent stroked BBC for the mustang. My buddy I got the car from still has the BBC headers to fit the mustang with that K-member. Will have to wait and see, I guess.

Which ever way I go with the car, I hope to have the truck going in 2-3 weeks. If I do end up pulling the SBC back out of the truck I have the complete running gear out of a low milage 99 Yukon to go in the 64. It was my parent's Yukon. My elderly father rearended a welding truck about 2 months ago and I got the Yukon back from the insurawnce company for $700. Everything still works, truck still runs and drives. Just the front is smashed a bit.
Rannos is offline   Reply With Quote