The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #26
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: 72 Opinions? (PICS)

3/4-ton, LWB.....two things that keep the price down, in my opinion. The "preferred" list would be a 1/2-ton, SWB truck. Fleetsides are also the preference in the collectibility world, yet for some...this 3/4-ton is just the ticket.

It all comes down to what YOU want and HOW MUCH YOU want to spend. What you have to consider is what has been done and what needs to be done to make it like YOU want it. If you wanted it to be something else, then you need to consider how much it will cost you to re-do what doesn't meet your expectations. As for the trim on the windshield and back glass not having the bright trim....it was an issue for the person who built it who didn't think it would matter. But, it was a matter of money...in that he didn't have the old w/s trim or he didn't want to ante-up and get new trim. Yet, to claim that it is what it is, Cheyenne Super....you can see that there are plenty of folks on here who know what it takes to be that level of trim. It may not hurt the runnin' part none, but it is an item in the grand scheme of the level of trim. The missing SPID sheet? Is it still attached to the inside of the glove box and just painted over? That's something you'll have to look at if you go to see it.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Your not buying it for resale, or investment purposes. That means that any deviation from stock really doesn't matter. If it looks good and the quality is there, I would forget all the "correctness". My guess is 7500.00 should bring it home.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #28
no moa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklajoie View Post
But why only 300 miles in 4 years after all that money spent?
It happens, i built a 72 CJ5 many years ago, fiberglass body, 36 inch tires, lift, hard top, 31k mile 258/4 speed, posi rear. It was an awesome jeep, got 28 miles in 2 years. I just didn't like the ride, would go down the driveway across the field and back. Finally sold it for 1/2 what i had in it. Probably not a good investment. lol

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #29
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Your not buying it for resale, or investment purposes. That means that any deviation from stock really doesn't matter. If it looks good and the quality is there, I would forget all the "correctness". My guess is 7500.00 should bring it home.
I hafta agree with this.
In the 2 years I've had my truck I've been to about 150 cruise nights/car shows. And believe me when I say this, unless I'm talking to people that are from this board ( in other words, other 67-72 junkies) , people are not going to notice and/or care about the differences in the different trim levels. Hell, my license plate says "69-ER" and I still get asked what year it is... I mean we're not talking about the MOPAR crowd who gets all up in arms if the correct hose clamps aren't used or there's no engine paint overspray on the negative battery cable. They're trucks!!!
I think I can safely say that the one thing that bothers me (and it sounds stupid) is when I see 69-70's that have chrome headlight buckets instead of black ones. But to a normal Joe-Blow, they're not going to notice, nor care.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote