The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
leftybass209

504 med. olive / yellow green spray paint results

I just purchased a can of 504 med green from a local paint supplier, and thought I'd post some results of the color. The piece painted is a clutch rod hole cover. I know there are some small rust pits in the part, I just wanted to get a feel for an actual piece with new color. I don't have anything to compare it to, as my truck has had a re-paint, but I think the color is maybe a shade brighter than the original. What do you all think?
Attached Images

leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
SS Tim

Re: 504 med. olive / yellow green spray paint results

It is probably very close. There are so many variations in image capture and display it would be very hard to get a definitive answer on this by posting a forum picture. Maybe a natural daylight picture outside with a color reference like a new twenty dollar bill would help some, but it would still be a guess. There was a thread earlier this week asking for pictures of Med. Olive Green and Black trucks. Take a look it will give a good feel for the color. If you must know if it is exact then you will need to seek out a truck and compare to a known unfaded paint sample. Even then it may not exactly match the new exterior paint once it is applied.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
Lee H

Re: 504 med. olive / yellow green spray paint results

My 72 has a fresh coat of 504 medium olive poly. Check out my build thread and the album on my profile page for pictures.
Posted via Mobile Device

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote