The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Southern Shaker
Account Suspended

Welll todays been Crazy.

I understand I pissed a few folks off and im sorry, I sold my sbc 350/tbh 350 for 500$ and sold off the 69' cst for 100$ . Ive decided im not gonna get around to ever finishin my poor 71 so im either gonna part here out or sell whats left as whole. in the mean time im workin out a payment plan for a Patina heat 64' Chevy C10 for and old man next town over. so I don't know whats gonna be goin on im gonna spend time away for a lil bit get some actual work done haha Ill still be here to read yalls Crazy Interesting storys an builds! but that's bout it for a while till I have somthin to show yall haha Wish me luck on the Pritchett speed shop Take off!
Southern Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Welll todays been Crazy.

I don't know if you pissed anyone off. I read another thread that may have been a deciding factor for you stepping away and all I saw were a some who were annoyed One or two). Don't sweat it. Just listen and learn more,maybe. I've never had a problem with you and this is just general advise from what I've seen with some young guys who have rubbed others the wrong way. Once you've listened and learned more,you be a wiser feller. Good luck. Keep us posted.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-21-2013 at 08:52 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
CC69Rat

You worry too much brother.

I saw the other thread, just take it and move forward. IMO it was kinda justified (and I don't know the whole deal ) but man, you apologized .. it's cool. Don't sweat it.

Did you ever find any uppers?

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I agree with them^^^^
Posted via Mobile Device

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
BADPURPLE70CHEVY
406 Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Shaker View Post
I understand I pissed a few folks off and im sorry, I sold my sbc 350/tbh 350 for 500$ and sold off the 69' cst for 100$ . Ive decided im not gonna get around to ever finishin my poor 71 so im either gonna part here out or sell whats left as whole. in the mean time im workin out a payment plan for a Patina heat 64' Chevy C10 for and old man next town over. so I don't know whats gonna be goin on im gonna spend time away for a lil bit get some actual work done haha Ill still be here to read yalls Crazy Interesting storys an builds! but that's bout it for a while till I have somthin to show yall haha Wish me luck on the Pritchett speed shop Take off!
Just remember what ever you do that restoring one of these trucks takes time and money. Some guys on here work years to complete a restore and others maybe sooner. One thing you have to have is patience. When i was 16 i got my first truck a 1970 c10 that i sold my now wife. I had so many plans for it but didn't have the time or money. Things changed now though and now at 38 years old i have more patience, time and money. I guess i am just trying to give you some wisdom from a guy who has been through alot and learned alot. Make a plan and see it through no matter how long it takes and in the end you will be proud of what you accomplish. Good luck
72 4x4
BADPURPLE70CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Codez67Chevy

Bump ToThat. I'm Still Just A Young Pup My Self. Don't Make Much Either So It Is Hard But All Good Things Come To Those Who Have The Patience. I've Had My Truck For 8 Years And Now I'm Just Starting To Put A Little Bit Of Money In It. 10 Cents By 10 Cents. Dollar Bill By Dollar Bill Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

93' Toyota pickup 2WD 2dr and 32mpg. Daily driver. 300k+

Members I've met...
Mister-B
Codez67Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
jabborabbo

I'm heading to Georgia for a British motorcycle rally this afternoon in my newly acquired '67 GMC - the truck is loaded with old bikes and parts that I bought maybe 20 years ago with the intention of restoring - i've moved that stuff twice...there are dirt dauber nests all over the stuff...I've realized that I'm not going to restore any of it.

The good news is that I'll be driving my truck to the rally!
jabborabbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
CC69Rat

Just so you guys know, every one of the people on this forum started young and/or at some point in their life. I'm no professional, but there are definitely some professionals on here. The way I look at it is the Old Timers had to learn by doing. They know what WORKS, and not what's on YouTube or simply some guy (like me) who posts an opinion on a board.. Right or Wrong it's what worked for me but may not work for you. You just gotta take it like that and learn a little from some people, a little from others. You'll finally figure out your own skillset and place where you want to fit.

The high dollar builds are fun and I have a bunch of buddies with a lot more money than I will ever see but to me that's NOT what it's about. I find a way to find something about EVERY truck that I like. It may be a color that I don't care for personally but you'll never see me post that.

IF you just respect people and understand it's so difficult (if not impossible) to express the tone in your voice on email, internet chat, text, etc.. and it's so easy to say something and people take it entirely wrong. What I do is post what I want to say at the moment and then let it sit for a min. Come back, re-read it.. then click submit.

I was young at one point too. Don't let these (me) old farts beat you up too much. Just respect them and go on to the next thread. .. just my .02.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
BlackedOut67shorty

Yeah don't sweat it, my 67 may be drivable but it took time and money and I used old parts and went to the junkyard let alone having a lot of help from midnight. I have two kids and have a job that I can make 1000 one paycheck and the next 600. Having one of these trucks with a fairly low budget, but stick to basics and get her roadworthy so you can have fun with it, then when you get a better job you can lay a little more cash down on the truck and then you can eventually have a sweet ass ride. Just stick to basics and save some cash up so you can build your truck into what you want it to be. Sorry for the long paragraph but you can get my point. Keep on truckin
Posted via Mobile Device
2000 mercury sable
Thats a how I roll
BlackedOut67shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #10
Southern Shaker
Account Suspended

Haha it wasnt anything personal guys haha i just figured it all out haha in an effort to help finish my truck i bought a 73' super cheyenne today for 500$ its got a 71' cop car 350! so i should have some drivable progress by the end of the month i apresheate it guys!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
Southern Shaker
Account Suspended

no haha , nearest auto parts store is 35 miles ... never have time to go. but im outta town right now so may pick some up
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I don't know if you pissed anyone off. I read another thread that may have been a deciding factor for you stepping away and all I saw were a some who were annoyed One or two). Don't sweat it. Just listen and learn more,maybe. I've never had a problem with you and this is just general advise from what I've seen with some young guys who have rubbed others the wrong way. Once you've listened and learned more,you be a wiser feller. Good luck. Keep us posted.