The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
JIMINITWIN'72

No wonder!!!!

So I finally got to drive my truck from Waxahachie to Fort worth to get it home. Now that my cousin and I dropped in a new engine, rebuilt the rear brakes including axle seals, replaced all the front end components, installed new ujoints and center carrier bearing. And the list would go on ya'll know how that goes... I digress...I get her home and it takes about a half tank of gas to go 60 miles. So I decide that I will adjust the carb so that I don't have to stop at every gas station in town. I have an Edelbrock 1406 so I start with the idle mixture screw, nothing happens. I move over to the screw beside it...nothing happens. So I decide to close both screws and guess what happened. You guessed it nothing. At this point I figured I should pull the air horn off of the carb and here is what I found......Some people should not be allowed to pick a wrench or a screwdriver, much less own a vehicle like this...
Attached Images

JIMINITWIN'72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
JIMINITWIN'72

Re: No wonder!!!!

Okay so I got online and researched part numbers and ordered the parts to rebuild my Edelbrock 1406. I did this on Sunday they shipped on Monday so I have been anxiously waiting. I get home from work today and Fed Ex has already been here and left me a present. I get the box and tear into it, start pulling out parts...1 1477 rebuild kit....check, 1 float kit....check, 1 spring kit....check, one set of metering rods.....Oh man no metering rods!!! I forgot the friggin metering rods...The bad part is the metering rods are all I really needed. I just figured I might as well rebuild the whole thing while I was at it. Talk about a let down!!! So I guess while I'm on here telling you guys my sob story I will order the dadgum metering rods....