The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #26
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Re: Just Bought My Last Aftermarket Trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
100% correct. It's funny how people will blame just about everything but themselves though
Right on, leddzepp.

Of course, This is a bigger issue than a bunch of truck guys and womyn sitting around a virtual campfire can cure.
And no one wants to log on to this tasty Forum to get bummed out with fire and brimstone.

But I have to share this:

Rewind: I don't shop at Wally Mart or Sam's Club. There were few rules in this house while we were raising our kids. One was "No Walmart".
I ain't preachin'. My reasons for this was so deeply "American", that if I spewed it all out, I'd even make *myself* sick.

So, for me, off of the Walmart topic for now.

So, anyway,...I needed some slippers. There's what they call an "Indian" shop (that's what THEY call it) in the area my woman drags
me when she does her shopping. It's in a stand-alone building with some really nice Native-American made stuff (or "First People", or
whatever is the proper way to say it ) . I've purchased a couple of things there. Not cheap. But that was mostly in my days of my having a
little more expendable income than I do now.

So, a few years ago, in I go. Nicely beaded..in a manly way...leather with a thick sole. Even in my size. As I always do, I asked,
"... which 'tribe' or region?"

The lady says, "China".

I said, "....these moccasins were made in China?"

She responds, "Isn't everything these days?"

I left.

Salient M17 points that I TRY to apply to my own life...I'm a little bit of a pig. So it doesn't always work. These, I apply to myself. So do not take
it as a directive. I don't do "you should do this too's". But, do not read if you don't understand that this is only MY own path for ME:

- Shop for *value*. Not for price.

- As I did with the Mar-k: If any part of the price is too high, throttle back on my desire or consumption.

- As I *didn't do* with the LMC stuff: Find out its quality (and origin) before you buy anything. A little research goes a long way.

- I served my country in the Armed Forces (1965-1971...not a good time, but I had it easier than most of our brave men and women...
Thanks For Your Service to you all). But I did not do so so that I could buy Asian cars (I have one...unfortunately), or cheaper gas.
Or, ...oops... gettin' too political....Whoa, M17. Whoa!!

- The big fix is for the U.S. to pull away from a "Consumer Economy", and re-develop a "Manufacturing Economy"...or a sensible hybrid
of "Service/Manufacturing/Consumption" economics.

- That ^^^^^ ain't gonna happen without things getting real messy.

- I support local business. Not that I spend that much dough. No one cares about where *I* buy stuff but me. I gotta do my part.
So I read labels. Can't beat 'em. But I ain't joinin' 'em, either. At least to the extent that I have choices.

Almost all of our American trucks have foreign parts "sewn" into them.
Hard to help that. But we're all doin' our parts to keep what we can of (shall I say it) our "culture" alive.

Damn! I wasn't fat then..........
Attached Images

But always a rat.

Last edited by magwakeenercew2jh; 11-11-2013 at 01:57 PM.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #27
71K20chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
After looking at some good quality stuff on the side of one of Rene's rides, I decided to give it a shot with Mar-K.

The order for the paint divider (around the back of the cab) was $36...which included 12 screw-in studs at $.25 ea.

The shipping cost was (going to be) $33, including a $10 "handling charge"......Whoa!!!! At that point in the ordering, since I was going to use a
debit card (I saw no method on the site of paying with Paypal...understandable with Paypal's nasty fees), the prompt said,
"We'll call you for a credit card number".

Before they could do that, I wrote their info email addy and explained that the shipping charges were too high for such a small order.

Vicky wrote back and said the computer had made a mistake and charged me for two boxes (the studs, I guess), and that the new shipping
cost was $27 (including a $10 "handling fee").

I wrote back and thanked her for the attention to this, but that $27 for a $36 purchase was too much for me to get "fuzzy" over. I told her I
recognized it was a cost that they had to pass on, and that it would probably be more palatable if I had a larger order. She was nice, responsive,
and understood.

No trim for me. No big deal. I like the back of the cab the way it is now, anyway. Sometimes, "plain" is better.
Don't mean to hijack but your truck is beautiful.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #28
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71K20chevy View Post
Don't mean to hijack but your truck is beautiful.
Hahahahaha!!!!

First time we consider a compliment like that a "hijack", we're all in trouble.

Thanks a lot, 71K20.
But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote