The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #1
shlads

advice on new build

Im new here to the old chevy truck build. I no this question has ben asked a thousand times, but her it goes again. I just bought my first 72 chevy shortbed stepside 2wd truck. Ready to start building. I have a wrecked 2002 2wd silverado, what can i use off the truck, can i use the front suspention and brakes? rear end with disc brakes? rack in pinion steering? brake booster and master cylinder? I would love to use as much as the truck that i can. Has anybody done this? Im not afraid to brake out the torches and welder. I also have a 1999 silverado 4wd 5.3 automatic.
shlads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
Agent915

Re: advice on new build

Welcome to the board! I cannot give you much direction on the parts you're wanting to repurpose into your C10. I do know there are lots of VERY knowledgeable people on this site and many of them have LS powered C10's.
I'm sure someone will chime in with some helpful advise for you. I am a member of a few other truck sites and to be honest with you I almost never log into them, but I can't stay away from this one! Its got it all; beautiful trucks that range from dirt budgets to high-dollar builds, super friendly members who are more than willing to offer help, plus, no foul mouth goons. I'm constantly showing my wife and/or daughters posts and pics on here (drives them nuts!!) but no worries about crude pics/comments. There's enough of that crap out there!! Hands down its the BEST truck site. Dang, that got long.....sorry. Anyway, glad you're here!

Danny a.k.a. Agent915
Agent915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
hugger6933

Re: advice on new build

I don't have much to offer in that are but seeing as how I have about 20 or so of those trucks junked out I'd be interested in the replies as well. Welcome to this site and if you get to need some body help holler for hugger. jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote