The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
sstaten69

oh boy...

As some may know my son is working on his 68 c10. We just fixed a brake and a water pump issue. He is wanting to put power brakes on it soon. I had to got to Denver to do some work for a week and a half.. While I was there I was going to look at a front sway bar that I found on craigslist. But Momma called me our son had a misshape with his truck (oh boy). That gut feeling you get when you get that call.. it was him and our youngest daughter in the truck, He was turning off a main road on to another street and the gravel/sand they put on the snow was all over the road guess he just couldn't help him self and well he lost it and went trew a old ladies yard did some damage to the ladies fence and mail box. The kids where fine son went and knocked on the door while sis called momma cryin (she was scared). Cops where called but the old lady didn't want to press charges so cops left with no report. (lucky kid). She called her family and friends... My family plus hers fixed all of the property cost my son 4.00(a box of girl scout cookies.)Got to love small towns sometimes. Now for his truck, not so lucky. It tore up the drivers side- the bumper, fender, door, cowl panel, Rocker,(that is rusted out)and the cab corner plus the bed was pretty bad. Didn't get any pics of the truck. so know time to fix the damage to his truck, then the other stuff will have to happen later..(brakes, sway bar, lowering kit, etc.) Oh boy... Just some pics of what I did in Denver 1st before, 2nd after fire place was installed and framed (by others) 3rd the cherry unit that I built and installed.
Attached Images

sstaten69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
vectorit
What?

Re: oh boy...

Very nice work!
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #3
no_rice

"my son wrecked his truck, here's a pic of my fireplace..."

lmao! nice work, but i have to say it was pretty anticlimactic
no_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #4
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Glad he's okay.... nice work on that fireplace....now where's the pics of his truck? In his build thread maybe. I bet he's bummed about it....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #5
hugger6933

I rebuild wrecks every day for a living. they are just souless pieces of transportation even though we do over do it sometimes[me included]. The metal is just that yes it is special to the family but not near as those kids that can't be replaced at any price.. Glad they are OK. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:16 AM   #6
sstaten69

They didn't get any pics of the wreck, guess they didn't want me to see it. We did take some of it when I got home but they didn't download. And we started to do some of the easy stuff(bumper, the cowl panel,) We will have to replace the cab corner but think the door will be easy, and the bed was rotted so it was going to need work anyways.. Yea glad all were ok, but the boy had to park it for a few weeks momma wasn't to happy with him. The wall unit was what I had to do in Denver it wasn't mine. Will try and get some pics of the truck downloaded.... He is getting ready to order a cab corner, upper wheel arch panels, the outer floorpan sections, and one more rocker panel.Think we will get them ordered this next week after he gets paid he would like to get the bodywork done before the summer. Then save and get the lowering kit and new wheels and tires before he starts his senior year in high school.

Last edited by sstaten69; 04-03-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
sstaten69

okay got some pics today between the down pour of rain. This is one of the times pics do it good they don't look as bad in photos as in person. Or at least it looks bad to us. 1st pic-hit the fender just missed the new marker lens that he put on, not to much of a dent. The mail box hit the cowl just below the new windshield, fixed that one already. 2nd pic- the door think we can push that out from inside, min bondo. also small dent/scrape under the side window.3rd pic- bottom of door, rocker and cab corner. We pulled the cab corner out some. bed pushed in at the bottom thinkin that wont be to hard either. 4th pic- just another look at the rocker and cab corner. All in all thinkin it wont be to bad of a fix.$. He primed the bumper and some of the scrapes, He was thinkin it would hide it. (some of his buddies seen his truck in her yard and where braking his balls over it) It did pull the parking brake cable out of the trailing arm but we got it back in looks to be okay.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #8
1971 cheburban

Oh hell, that's baby juice. All that could be done within a 6 months easy but you can't replace your kids ever.
1971 cheburban is offline   Reply With Quote